Tournament Rookie

Robber65

Tournament Rookie

Post by Robber65 »

This weekend at WWBT in Shasta will be my first pro-am as co-angler Besides the obvious, looking for any advice on what to bring or not to bring. Should we have our own scale, measuring board ,cull tag, beer, etc (Ok no beer)

Looking forward to it, should be a great weekend
Ballin21

Re: Tournament Rookie

Post by Ballin21 »

You should bring:
Life jacket
Gas money for the pro
Rods/tackle (minimal tackle)
Lunch/snacks/drinks
Culling tags (for non shared weight format)
Maybe a balance beam
Measuring board he/she (pro) should have
Scale (optional)
temeculasteve

Post by temeculasteve »

Quality rain gear.Check out the 10 day weather forcast there.
DDG

Post by DDG »

Robber65 wrote:This weekend at WWBT in Shasta will be my first pro-am as co-angler Besides the obvious, looking for any advice on what to bring or not to bring. Should we have our own scale, measuring board ,cull tag, beer, etc (Ok no beer)

Looking forward to it, should be a great weekend
IF you think you should bring something, make sure you bring IT! Best advice i was given, Don't think "Oh maybe ill be okay without it." you can always go back to your truck/car and get it if needed, that goes with anything. yes bring your own CULL, Fish RULER, G-JUICE/ Live well treatment, DEEP WATER PUNCTURE, GAS MONEY, and GEAR! always dress warmer then you think it will be, wanna be able to dress down if necessary.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I'd bring everything you mentioned and maybe more. Rain Gear a MUST!!!! Talk with your Pro for the next day. This will help you decide what you really need to bring. Most of the guys will be GREAT. If you were fishing with me ( and many of the other Pros ) you wouldn't need, balance beam, scale, measuring board, and a bunch of crap I have in the boat. You'd be welcome to use mine. Do bring culling buoys and life jacket. Everyone is a newbie sometime. I've drawn a fair number of them over the years. I love the newbie’s and younger guys, they are eager and listen a little bit. I've never had bad experience with a newbie. THX for signing up and supporting WWBT. I hope you have a great time, learn a few things, catch some fish, and come back for another event. Please remember the best Pro may not be on them, and the guy that maybe you've not heard of..... is sitting on a gold mine of 3 pounders :) Good luck !!
reddog

Post by reddog »

Just an FYI, Shakey/worm rod, dropshot rod, your 733, 734, you should cover all the bases with that sort of rig. A selection of your favorites will be fine, remember its not your boat please dont overload it. Definitely the best you have for rain and COLD. Lifejacket is a must, DO NOT expect your pro to provide. It may not fit right or may be worn out, your safety is your responsibility! Some food and drink is obvious the cull tags is a new one to me as well but thanks for the heads up. Here is the MOST IMPORTANT! Bring a great attitude. At the end of all of this you should be having fun! Discuss with your pro what you are comfortable with and what you think may be a weak point, (netting, etc.), trust me they would rather know ahead of time than find out by loosing a fish.
Robber65

Post by Robber65 »

Hope I didn't waste money on rain gear

Thanks for all the help everyone
Attachments
IMG_2598.JPG
Robber65

Post by Robber65 »

By the way, just kidding about the raingear