HELP ON LOWARANCE HDS GEN 2 TOUCH

GEORGE D.

HELP ON LOWARANCE HDS GEN 2 TOUCH

Post by GEORGE D. »

what do you think about the lowarance hds gen 2 touch like to buy two for my boat im not a tournament fisherman just like to take the kids out on the delta and the lakes for fun I have the x85 now on my boat just like to know any feed back on it and what do I need to make this units work ill be new to all this thank you for all your help george
DanIsaac

Re: HELP ON LOWARANCE HDS GEN 2 TOUCH

Post by DanIsaac »

:roll:
Last edited by DanIsaac on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
DanIsaac

Re: HELP ON LOWARANCE HDS GEN 2 TOUCH

Post by DanIsaac »

George,
How long have I been a Lowrance guy? 20 plus years? You know me and you also know how I take care of my equipment as well.
The new 520c has two HDS Gen 2 Touch 12s on it. One has failed completely and one is loosing it's color as well, both within 13 months, and both within the 24 month warranty period.
So, will they replace them? Absolutely, with two 1 units from Mexico with 6 months warranty. Not 6 months extra warranty, unless I choose to pay $300 for an additional 6 months. Head spinning yet?
Oh, I could choose to upgrade to Gen3 for just another $1400 or so as well, still just 6 months warranty.
In excess of $6k in top of the line electronics and these are the choices you have when they go poof? Really?

Do yourself a favor and look at non touch units. Take a look at Hummingbirds new Helix units. Im confident you'll be glad you did.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com