What do non-boaters give boaters after

Rod Martin

What do non-boaters give boaters after

Post by Rod Martin »

a day on the water now days ?

I have been away from fishing for a while. What do you guys pony up for a day on the back seat. now
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
W.C

Re: What do non-boaters give boaters after

Post by W.C »

I have been given between $5 to $60 dollars for a day on the lake in tournaments ....... Yes! I did say $5.00 after I put him on fish all day , I told that guy to stick it where the sun don't shine and told him to find a cheaper sports and get his crap off my boat.

Rod
Just let me know in advance and I won't ask you for a dime old friend. Just show me how to catch those 18 pounders. :lol: :lol:
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks Will.
I'm fishing Bullards Bar this weekend as a non-boater. It has been a while.Just want to do right by my boater.
He's gonna be lucky to get me. I just sit on the back and nap all day, Like I'm not even there
Just hope I get a boater that has a seat on the back. I hate to fish laying down :lol:
split172

Post by split172 »

I would base it not on how your fishing is but where you are fishing. Are you running all day? Sitting in one spot? Take into consideration cost of getting the boat to and from for the day. Also, how you were treated. If the guy was an asshole, tell him. But remember that asshole still drove you around and tried. So still kick down your fair share.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Most clubs have the non-boater pay $40, to cover gas, oil, and wear and tear. That seems fair.
If the boater is running an hour each way, then there's more gas and oil involved, but, at the same time, it is his choice.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks guys
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

Can't go wrong with $40. I've had a friend who only gave a boater $20 because the boater was an @ss and kept trying to get my friend to give up info on his day 1 pairing because my friends day 1 pro whacked'em and was sitting in 1st. My friend never gave him the info. His day 2 pro also ran a top 10 competitor off his spot and ran up on multiple other competitors throughout the day. His pro on day 2 wasn't just an average joe. He was an established tour pro. Then his pro asked him for more money when they were off the water. Let's just say can you "Top This"!!
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

By the way his touring pro put them on fish but they were all 10"-11". :roll:
fishfan

Post by fishfan »

Just don't stiff your boater, like some guy named VJ did to a friend of mine on the delta. He just grabbed his stuff and rolled out. To me that is just flat out wrong!!!!!!!!! :evil: At least offer something even if you sucked or your day sucked!
I now know why it is called fishing and not catching!
The Sweetest Rods Ever !!! DOBYNS RODS
Team LL
Ben520

Post by Ben520 »

:D
Last edited by Ben520 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VJ

Post by VJ »

fishfan wrote:Just don't stiff your boater, like some guy named VJ did to a friend of mine on the delta. He just grabbed his stuff and rolled out. To me that is just flat out wrong!!!!!!!!! :evil: At least offer something even if you sucked or your day sucked!
? are u talking about me?
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
fishfan

Post by fishfan »

VJ wrote:
fishfan wrote:Just don't stiff your boater, like some guy named VJ did to a friend of mine on the delta. He just grabbed his stuff and rolled out. To me that is just flat out wrong!!!!!!!!! :evil: At least offer something even if you sucked or your day sucked!
I don't know! You ever stiff anyone at a delta pro/am?
Team LL
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

When I am a non-boater, I usually give $40.00 for a day, whether the guy put me on fish, or was an a-hole or not. I won't have anyone saying I don't pay my way.
BrandonCook

Post by BrandonCook »

Paying a boater shouldn't have anything to do with catching fish or not, being a good guy or not, it's simply to pay your portion for running the boat you had the pleasure of fishing on for the day. I always give $40
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks for the info.
Fished Bullards Bar Sunday with TBF. Drew Charlie Delight. Had a very bad day catching,BUT a very good day FISHING.
I caught one dink , Charlie caught several small ones and 1 that could weigh in. Catching was slow .

But Charlie was a great guy to be around, we knew a lot of the same people from the old days and I had a very easy day on the water
So Thanks Charlie
and we will see him and the rest of the Fed guys at Clear Lake next month.
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

I have always gave $40 and one time i had a pro question me on what i was throwing and he switched, stuck a pair of 6lb'ers in about 5 cast. When we got back to the ramp he was so happy he wouldn't take a dime :shock:
VJ

Post by VJ »

fishfan wrote:
VJ wrote:
I don't know! You ever stiff anyone at a delta pro/am?
No I haven't! So you need to relax with assuming **** and keep my name out your mouth u obviously dont't know me!
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
PYRO689

Post by PYRO689 »

Also keep in mind that the Pro has spent $$$ on practicing to hopefully put you guys on fish. I give between 40-60 depending on how much running we do
fishfan

Post by fishfan »

VJ wrote:
No I haven't! So you need to relax with assuming **** and keep my name out your mouth u obviously dont't know me!
I never said it was you. Don't know if that was the guys first and last initials. No reason to get upset about it!
Team LL
VJ

Post by VJ »

fishfan wrote:
VJ wrote:
I never said it was you. Don't know if that was the guys first and last initials. No reason to get upset about it!
Well the way you made it sound I felt it was directed at me, I never met another VJ on WB or tournament fishing. Also if your not sure of the persons name you probably shouldn't post on a public forum. No hard feelings and have a great day.
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
g-man

Post by g-man »

Before I even get in the boat I say this guy's gonna get 5 bucks. If he runs around all day with no results I put that 5 back in my pocket. If I catch a 2 plus lber I add 3 bucks per. If he's cool I add another 10, if he's a dick I take back 15. So basically he owes me 2 bucks. If he has snacks and pop I add 5 bucks. If his snacks and food are not to my liking I take back 5. If he doesn't let me use his baits its ten more back in my pocket! Be care what you do boater, cause at the end of the day you might owe me....
100% LL
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Before I even get in the boat I say this guy's gonna get 5 bucks. If he runs around all day with no results I put that 5 back in my pocket. If I catch a 2 plus lber I add 3 bucks per. If he's cool I add another 10, if he's a dick I take back 15. So basically he owes me 2 bucks. If he has snacks and pop I add 5 bucks. If his snacks and food are not to my liking I take back 5. If he doesn't let me use his baits its ten more back in my pocket! Be care what you do boater, cause at the end of the day you might owe me....

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!
Robb
wildthing jr

Post by wildthing jr »

I had been a non boater for many years in federation events and always asked my boater what I owned him and paid it. I figured that they were paying much more than I regardless.

With my club, nonboaters pay half the gas from boaters home to lake plus half launch and any tolls incurred in route plus half boat gas. For long trips that is 60 easy especially when gas was more expensive. If the non boater drives separate he still pays for half the trip there. The boat has to get there regardless.

I am now a boater and that is what I ask for too. If someone doesn't want to pay it, i am not going to get in a fight about it, but I think it is fair to ask.

I don't think the success of your catch or lack there of has anything to do with it.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

wildthing jr wrote:I had been a non boater for many years in federation events and always asked my boater what I owned him and paid it. I figured that they were paying much more than I regardless.

With my club, nonboaters pay half the gas from boaters home to lake plus half launch and any tolls incurred in route plus half boat gas. For long trips that is 60 easy especially when gas was more expensive. If the non boater drives separate he still pays for half the trip there. The boat has to get there regardless.

I am now a boater and that is what I ask for too. If someone doesn't want to pay it, i am not going to get in a fight about it, but I think it is fair to ask.

I don't think the success of your catch or lack there of has anything to do with it.
I agree. You signed on to fish, not to catch.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY