Boat wax

GEORGE D.

Boat wax

Post by GEORGE D. »

just like to know what is the best boat wax out their time to wax thank you george
DarWise

Re: Boat wax

Post by DarWise »

Perigine 250! Available at Tackle Warehouse.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

The Peregrine 250 has cleaners in it that are great if you frequent a dirtier water place, but the cleaners will cause more scratching over time than a product like BTS that has no cleaners. I use BTS because I live in SoCal with mostly clean water. BTS is not a wax and it also has superior protection for the hard water of the Colorado River lakes. Most waxes just don't last long. Non-fishermen ask me nearly every time out if my 2008 Champion is new. Whatever you use, you should use it every time out if you want to keep your boat looking like new.
Last edited by toddmc on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Will car wax work on boats?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

George,

Please try the Safe and Easy product and you will be very pleased. Tackle Warehouse and other board sponsors carry it. The all purpose cleaner keeps everything looking brand new as well.

http://safeandeasyboatcare.com

Richie Rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
scott h

Post by scott h »

Peregrine250, I have been using it since my boat was new in 2005, people ask me all the time what year the boat is because it is in great shape and looks good, not sure what the dirty water clean water post was all about, I have had my boat from the cal delta to lake Havasu to quachita river in Louisiana and everywhere in between and have used Pereigrine 250 religiously since day one and never had any issues with scratching, If you are around the Delta area get ahold of me and I will set you up with some peregrine250, you will not be disappointed, not only do they have exterior boat cleaning products but also have a great electronics screen cleaner as well as the new carpet cleaner, great products for all of your boat care needs, Tackle wharehouse carries the full product line.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

scott h wrote:Peregrine250, I have been using it since my boat was new in 2005, people ask me all the time what year the boat is because it is in great shape and looks good, not sure what the dirty water clean water post was all about, I have had my boat from the cal delta to lake Havasu to quachita river in Louisiana and everywhere in between and have used Pereigrine 250 religiously since day one and never had any issues with scratching, If you are around the Delta area get ahold of me and I will set you up with some peregrine250, you will not be disappointed, not only do they have exterior boat cleaning products but also have a great electronics screen cleaner as well as the new carpet cleaner, great products for all of your boat care needs, Tackle wharehouse carries the full product line.
Cleaners have chemicals and abrasives that cause more wear over time than a product that doesn't. If you need the cleaners great, but don't use them if you don't. Most show car owners stay away from cleaner waxes for this reason.
Jwigga1444

Post by Jwigga1444 »

I also use peregrine 250 it keeps my boat looking good! I've used a bunch of other brands over the years and the P250 in my opinion works the best!
scott h

Post by scott h »

toddmc wrote:
scott h wrote:Peregrine250, I have been using it since my boat was new in 2005, people ask me all the time what year the boat is because it is in great shape and looks good, not sure what the dirty water clean water post was all about, I have had my boat from the cal delta to lake Havasu to quachita river in Louisiana and everywhere in between and have used Pereigrine 250 religiously since day one and never had any issues with scratching, If you are around the Delta area get ahold of me and I will set you up with some peregrine250, you will not be disappointed, not only do they have exterior boat cleaning products but also have a great electronics screen cleaner as well as the new carpet cleaner, great products for all of your boat care needs, Tackle wharehouse carries the full product line.
Cleaners have chemicals and abrasives that cause more wear over time than a product that doesn't. If you need the cleaners great, but don't use them if you don't. Most show car owners stay away from cleaner waxes for this reason.
P250 does not have the abrasives, it is actually recommended by 3m viynl for cleaning boat wraps for that reason, you are correct though most all others do contain the abrasives.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(