Drop Shot Discussion

akolarich

Drop Shot Discussion

Post by akolarich »

OK Western Bass friends, let's talk about the Drop Shot. I wanted some personal opinions if y'all do not mind. :D

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil?
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line?
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be?
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be?
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be?

I look forward to reading your answers :)
Levy

Re: Drop Shot Discussion

Post by Levy »

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil? Tear drop
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line? braid with Floro leader.
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 6" robo MM3 or Aarons magic
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? 3/8th
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? 6" Roboworm
akolarich

Post by akolarich »

Thanks Levy for your response :)
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil? Pencil
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line? Seaguar fluoro. I've also used a fluoro leader on braid with success but it takes a little getting used to adjusting for the lack of stretch, especially when playing the fish.
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 6" Roboworm
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? 1/8oz in almost any conditions.
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? 6" Roboworm

Added question: Do you prefer to nose hook or texas rig the bait? Nose hook almost 90% of the time, even in grass, unless it's just too thick. Depending on the grass I've found a quick snap of the line will "cut" the grass and free the bait, not always the weight, but the nose hook presentation seems to me to give the bait a more natural presentation.

Mike
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
swfongdds

Post by swfongdds »

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil? Tear drop
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line? Power Pro Braid with Seaguar Tatsu leader
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 6" roboworm
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? 3/16
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? Morning dawn chartreuse
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

1. pencil
Fc 6 lb
4 1/2 " robo worm
3/16
robo peoples worm
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

akolarich wrote:OK Western Bass friends, let's talk about the Drop Shot. I wanted some personal opinions if y'all do not mind. :D

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil?Round
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line?Braid with floro leader
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 12" deadly duo straight tail
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? 1/2 oz.
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? 12" straight tail worm

I look forward to reading your answers :)

I use a 3,4or 5/0 ewg most of the time.

Another added question
You guys that do reg. drop shot . When you nose hook , what size and type of hook do you use ?

Thanks
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
trevorvandam

Post by trevorvandam »

1. I don't know which one is the most snagless, but I use a pencil type weight. I bought some teardrop weights a while back. But I still haven't used them yet.
2. I use straight floro, 6-10lb. I hear a lot of good things about braid to floro. You don't want mono, because you won't be able to penetrate the hook well. Plus floro and braid will make up for the lighter action rod
3. It's hard to pick one size, because each bait comes in different sizes. But i would have to say 5-6 inch.
4. 3/16
5. 6 in straight tail robo
fishndp

Post by fishndp »

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil? Pencil
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line?Braid with floro leader
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 4 1/2 " robo curly tail
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? 3/16
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? Robo 4 1/2 curly hologram shad

Nose hook when ever conditions allow it.....
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line? Braid (10-15# test, either Daiwa Samurai or Sunline) with Fluoro leader (8# test)

3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 7" straight tail worm

4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? I fish the lightest weight I can get away with given the depth of the water I am fishing.

5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? 7" Roboworm, fat, straight tail
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

1. What style of drop shot weight do you think is the most snag-less, round, tear drop, or pencil? Pencil - MoJo
2. Do you prefer mono, braid, or FC line? Braid to Mono
3. If you could only drop shot one size bait, what would it be? 6" (you can always pinch it down to a smaller size)
4. If you could only drop shot one size weight, what would it be? 3/16"
5. If you could only throw one bait, what would it be? That's tough......guess it would have to be a 6" Keeper 082 Red

Hooks - I use two different Gamis, a dropshot for nose hooking, and EWG for texas rigging them....
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.