U.S. Coast Guard: Boat ran aground overnight in Delta

WB Staff

U.S. Coast Guard: Boat ran aground overnight in Delta

Post by WB Staff »

Spirit-of-Sacramento-3-JPG.jpg
Photo Kathy Zimmer Hallstein

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KCRA) —An 87-foot paddle-wheel boat ran aground and capsized overnight in Contra Costa County, officials said.

The incident happened about 12:30 a.m. Sunday near Franks Tract in the Delta, which is southeast of Rio Vista, the U.S. Coast Guard said.

The boat, called the Spirit of Sacramento, reportedly took in water at the stern, which then flooded the engine room.

More info and pix: http://www.kcra.com/news/87foot-paddlew ... y/41512488
MT

Re: U.S. Coast Guard: Boat ran aground overnight in Delta

Post by MT »

I think that's the same boat I saw last Thursday anchored inside of Frank's. Thought it was an odd place to navigate a boat like that...
briansII

Post by briansII »

I think this is the same boat I saw anchored just outside of Frank's, next to Little Frank's. On Saturday, I thought I saw a person sitting inside.

briansII
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

I saw it upside down early Sunday morning. the entire slough wreaked like diesel all the way out to the SJ.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KCRA) —It may be underwater, but the giant paddle wheel boat sinking in the Delta is raising some big questions about who is responsible.

From the vantage point of Live Copter 3 flying over Bethel Island in Contra Costa County, observers could see the wreck of the Spirit of Sacramento.

The 87-foot paddle wheel boat is now upside down in a remote area known as Franks Tract.

"Right now, we don't have an ID on the people who own the boat," said Amy Norris, an information officer with the Office of Spill Prevention and Response. "It's part of an active investigation.

More info and vid here http://www.kcra.com/news/owners-of-caps ... d/41541176