Kramers Top 40 over the last 30 years

Rick G

Kramers Top 40 over the last 30 years

Post by Rick G »

As this November 19-20 is the 30th Bass a thon here at Anglers Marine, Bass fishing Hall of Fame writer George Kramer is doing a "special" top 40 list. Its the best of the best, whether they have moved out of California or not over the last 30 years. Who do you think is deserves the top spot? Trend setters, Tournament superstars, tackle innovators, guides, live bait pullers, swimbaiters all have a chance at the list. Feel free to post your thoughts on who should make this prestigious list. Final list will be out in the 2nd week of November based on YOUR input and that of Kramers world famous BAAT, [bass anglers assessment team]. Be nice and have fun. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
nate50

Re: Kramers Top 40 over the last 30 years

Post by nate50 »

For my money Matt Allen is number 1 in my book. His willingness to help amature anglers like my self is second to none
ACP

Post by ACP »

Gary Klein
Dee Thomas
Dave Gliebe
Mike Folkestad
Bobby Garland
Jay Yelas
Gary Doybons
Mike Reynolds
Skeet Reese
Aaron Martens
Don Iovino
Don Payne
John Murray
Bill Murphy
Dave Rush
Bob Crupi
Dan Kadota
Bill Siemantel
Byron Velvick
Dave Nollar
Bobby Sandberg
Greg Hines
Larry Hopper
Calmassey

Post by Calmassey »

here are some more to ponder if just from Cali....

Robert Lee
Art Roland

If you're including the entire west then consider adding...

Gary Yamamoto
Dean Rojas

and there are soo many more so enjoy the debate as it cant be any worse than the one I tried to watch last night!

Cyall's onda water,

Charley
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Those are some great names and major candidates for sure. Remember, they need to have established their fishing career here in Ca. A stud like Aaron Martens is a perfect example. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Larry Hemphill

uh - did you mean DOBYNS?

Post by Larry Hemphill »

You might change the spelling to Gary DOBYNS!! I thought the list was good and I was very proud to be on Kramers yearly list for several years. Guides do "know" bass - sometimes everyday! I ready DO think that Gary Yamamoto should be on the list! What bait, other than the plastic worm, will be found in EVERY bass boat. THE SENKO!! You can tell how important a bait is by the number of copies made by other companies Well over thirty for this one!! And - what about the "salt and pepper" grub?? The hottest bait ever in the mid to late '80's
Larry Hemphill

Charlie - loved your spelling!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I always wondered how one would spell "SEE YOU ALL." Cyall - great!!! That is the way we all say it! It reminds me of: Did you eat yet - no, did you ---which becomes, in bass fishing language--- "geet yet - no, jou.
ILW

Post by ILW »

I realize they haven't been around as long as many and definitely not 30 years but I think Ish Monroe and Justin Lucas and Brent Erhler have to be considered.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Rick, you want to make this a crowd draw. Put KB and GKramer in front of the crowd. Let them debate their lists and let your spectators vote and decide the order. I've said nothing to KB but I know he attends BAT and his memory is scary good. GKramer could do research and have a list. I doubt GKramer would want to put his list against Kent's :D :D How about it George?? Rick??? This could be a real show.
kb

Post by kb »

I'm in that could be fun.... Nor Cal vs So Cal history!!!!
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Looks like George is coming out with his "list' the week before the BAT so no North vs South showdown at the show, but keep up the great names. As far as Gary Yamamoto, pretty sure he was a So Cal in the beginning as he bought out TT's worms and that's how Yamamoto boats got started. At the Bass a thon BTW. Rick G
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

This is last year's top-5 from the list.... wonder if there will be much movement in these?
Attachments
40s.png
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Very good sticks come from Cali, so on that note let's not forget Bub Tosh. Tosh is scary good on the Cal Delta and also very good at Cali lakes. The guy has put punching on the map and he just rocks it on the Delta. Just my opion but guys like Tosh are the ones who put legendary Delta hog stories to life.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Two more names to consider: Bobby Barrack and Rich Tauber
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Nate 50...I couldn't agree more regarding Mall Allen's willingness to help bass fishermen. The combination of his knowledge, willingness to share it and the ability to catch truly significant bass put him in a very special class.
He might not be the only one in that class, but it darn sure doesn't take long to call roll.
Tree
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Lots of great input. Keep it up! Rick G
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

Most of the newer younger wantabe pros do not even know who Mike Reynolds is but I put him up there with Aaron as one of the best natural tournament pros from the west..He should be in the top 10.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

You resurrected a post from 2016 when Aaron was alive to post that???
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
ILW

Post by ILW »

LOL this link was brought up in a post remebering Kramers top 40. Is it okay if someone talks about it or recalls some of the good old days or great anglers or is there a statue of limitations on posts or opinions here?
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

I remember when I was relevant…lol
WRB

Post by WRB »

George to add the Silver Eagles member list that Harvey started to acknowledge original Pisces.
Always enjoyed BAT and top 40 listing. Dick Trask deserves to be included imo.
Tom