SPINNERBAIT FISHING LINE

GEORGE D.

SPINNERBAIT FISHING LINE

Post by GEORGE D. »

WHAT DO YOU ALL RECOMEND FOR SPINNERBAIT LINE LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD LINE THANKS EVERYONE GEORGE
Burke

Re: SPINNERBAIT FISHING LINE

Post by Burke »

What areas are you fishing?? For the delta, I use 15 lb P line Floroclear. For most lake fishing, I use 10-12 lb line, but will use 15 lb at Clear Lake.
bassjhn

Post by bassjhn »

Stay with 15lb mono for blades. I like P-Line cxxx.
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Honestly, it's your preference. Either mono or flourocarbon (and some like braid) will work just fine. I prefer 15lb. Trilene Big Game mono, but I've also used 12lb. P-Line flourocarbon as well. However, P-Line flouro is about $24 a spool, and I just don't think you need to spend that kind of money for that application.

You do want a line that has good abrasion resistance, because if you aren't throwing that blade around cover and banging it into stuff, then you aren't throwing it in the right place! Use a line that casts well and has good abrasion resistance. Visibility isn't as important. For all these combined, I've found that Big Game works best for me, and it's priced well.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I have been throwing blades on Izore 25lb line got it for swimbaits like it for blades, real clear water I might drop down to some thing less if I'm not around trees, brush, rocks, grass, or sharp water.
MrSkeeter

Post by MrSkeeter »

I origionally bought some 30# PowerPro for the delta, better to help cut through the weeds ... but I've come to like using it all the time. I know that it floats, but I do NOT slow roll my blade in 30 feet of water either. So ... it's fine for me. I LOVE that THUMP when a fish hits the blade on braid and a sensitive graphite rod!!! :wink:
Chris
" ... An adventure is a disaster that fails to kill you. A disaster is an adventure that does ..."
[url=http://www.bassclassics.org]Bass Classics of Santa Clara[/url]
[url=http://5littleones.googlepages.com/index.htm]My Home Page[/url]