California Water Heist

MichaelB

California Water Heist

Post by MichaelB »

This should be interesting ...... wondering where the Delta is being "pumped" to ?
National Geographic March 14th

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/w ... t-trailer/
Whoopbass

Re: California Water Heist

Post by Whoopbass »

Sounds like the truth may finally get exposed. Will it fall on deaf ears? Probably
The typical CA voter is very ignorant on issues and the majority just vote party line because they will give them the most freebies.
I don't know how many times i've heard "the poor farmer" or "the predator striper".
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Sounds like the truth may finally get exposed. Will it fall on deaf ears? Probably
The typical CA voter is very ignorant on issues and the majority just vote party line because they will give them the most freebies.
I don't know how many times i've heard "the poor farmer" or "the predator striper".

So True , California voters are basically stupid and the "government " machine is solely focused and swaying the vote . A buddy of mine is an expert at farming , those Almond trees going south down to LA along HWY 5 need 20X the water because they are grown in sand and not quality dirt . I hope Trump sticks it to Brown every chance he gets and I hope that someday Calif. voters stop thinking the "government " is taking such good care of us.
vinny

Post by vinny »

Do you think it is right to use our water to grow crops and products for export. It is total bologna.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

vinny wrote:Do you think it is right to use our water to grow crops and products for export. It is total bologna.
Of course it is not right ...... what is really not right is they are draining the Delta, sending cheap/subsidized water to mega-industrial farms in Kern County / Bakersfield to turn deserts into orchards ...... and then they are exporting nuts to China. And they want to build tunnels to send them more water.

Delta water is not going to "mom & pop" farms in the central valley ..... it is going to already filthy rich conglomerates who could care less about the Delta.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Airs Tuesday Night, March 14th
6:00 pm and again at 7:30 pm
National Geographic Channel
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I am really looking forward to this TV series .
The name that should pop up frequently is , Stewart Resnick . He is a 77 year billionaire selling almonds and water .
His dad was buddies with Pat Brown ( Snowflake Jerry Browns dad ) and they set up all kinds of crooked chit regarding water .
Aside from Resnick buying desert land for next to nothing and attempting to grow Almonds in it( to export to China ) , he also has a water deal where he can sign up for huge amounts of " State" water , only to sell it back to regional water districts for huge profits . Resnick and 4 other old time farmers , all got the same deal and basically make huge amounts of money selling us " State" water . It somehow got grandfathered to these guys in the now it's so old that the courts don't have any way to remove it .
We need a another guy that is a total anti establishment Governor ( Trump Jr) to attack these Billionaire farmers or our monthly water bills will be more than our mortgage .
Robb
Bass Scoop

Post by Bass Scoop »

If you are a fisherman, recreational boater or Northern California Farmer, then this is a must watch. It will be interesting to see how "truthful" this documentary is.
The level of corruption pertaining to water policy, profits, and appointees in ALL water related offices, especially those positions that are appointed by the Governor, are some of the greatest secrets in this state. Probably the next best kept secret is the amount of Natural Gas and Oil lying below the surface of this once Great State, and you can bet that in the very near future is going to be extracted utilizing the "Fracking" technique . Unfortunately for the Delta, these resources will be accumulated at her expense. Once the delta waters are mixed with the "Halliburton Cocktail" and shoved underground through high pressure hoses, its game over for all of that H2O, and there will not be a Hazmat team sent 300 to 5,000 feet below the surface to clean up the remaining toxic mess.
In 1999 we had approximately 4.5 million acre feet of water traveling through the Mendota and Aquiduct canals. Since the mid 2000's , that number has jumped to 6.5 to 6.7 MAF. No, it is not L.A. That's taking all of the water. Metropolitan Water District/L.A. , only receives about 20%, with Westlands and Kern County Water Bank dividing the rest. In 1999 the estimated adult Salmon In the system was 800,000+ adult fish. In 2008 Salmon season was closed due to the estimated 40 to 60 thousand adult fish that were left. Shortly after that Coalition For A Sustainable Delta (AstroTurf organization supported and funded by So. Cal water contractors) filed a lawsuit against the DFG, claiming that The non native Stripers were responsible for the salmons demise.
If "I "rigged the California water gig and was buying "Public Trust" water from The taxpayers of California for $20 to $100 and acre foot, and then selling it to Farmers, the petroleum industry, and even back to the State of California for up to $1,100 an acre foot, and I had a plan to get access to even more of this LIQUID GOLD, ......then I would start devising schemes to ELIMINATE VOCAL OPPOSITION ....heck, I would even ramp up my search for a SCAPEGOAT and start to blame other species of fish for the 90%+ decline in the Salmon population ( as long as the word doesn't get out that Stripers and Salmon have Lived together and thrived in numbers since 1879)
I can go on, and on, and on. Do yourself a favor and search these items;
Feinstein/Obama (WIIN) Poison pill rider ( This could be the final nail in The Delta's coffin)
Stewart Resnick/Coalition for a Sustainable Delta/Wonderful Company/Fiji Water/Teleflora/Pom Wonderful
Delta Stewardship Council
Cadillac Dessert
Limousine Liberals

Good Guys that are on our side;
Restorethedelta.org
Calsport.org
AlliedFishingGroups.com
Golden gate Salmon.org
Water4fish.org

Please start paying attention to what Sacramento is trying to take away from us, before its too late!!
Thanks, Bobby Barrack

Fingers cramping, doing this on Stacey's IPAD,
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Very informative post Bobby ...... I am looking very forward to seeing some ( hopefully ) positive publicity on those parties raping the Delta and Nor-Cal water.
artie1

Post by artie1 »

Anyone familiar with National Geographic should realize they are a huge progressive environmental global warming advocate and at the very least we should look at an alternate opinion. Our state has been controlled by the most radical progressive environmental politicians for a very long time. We have had a water problem created by our government as far back as the sixties. We can spend 60 billion on a train yet look at the water storage infrastructure, example Oroville dam. Wake up people, we flush out to sea via the San Francisco bay 47% of all the usable water available in the state. We can build a pipeline in Alaska to ship oil hundreds of miles yet we don't build the storage or infrastructure to conserve water. Bass fishermen are some of the best conservationists yet we get sidelined by and brow beat by the environmentalists like PETA. Water waste in California is controlled by your activist Judges and Government left wing bureaucrats.

Another Opinion
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

artie1 wrote:Anyone familiar with National Geographic should realize they are a huge progressive environmental global warming advocate and at the very least we should look at an alternate opinion. Our state has been controlled by the most radical progressive environmental politicians for a very long time. We have had a water problem created by our government as far back as the sixties. We can spend 60 billion on a train yet look at the water storage infrastructure, example Oroville dam. Wake up people, we flush out to sea via the San Francisco bay 47% of all the usable water available in the state. We can build a pipeline in Alaska to ship oil hundreds of miles yet we don't build the storage or infrastructure to conserve water. Bass fishermen are some of the best conservationists yet we get sidelined by and brow beat by the environmentalists like PETA. Water waste in California is controlled by your activist Judges and Government left wing bureaucrats.

Another Opinion
I call BS! It's all about money, not politics. Greed has no party affiliation.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
artie1

Post by artie1 »

Greed is a human condition, you are born with it. Politics and money go hand in hand they are both forms of power and control, he who has the money has the power. We are controlled by Federal, State, County and City governments, 4 layers of bureaucrats and self serving politicians with redundancy in almost every layer. With almost certainty we will have added taxation by huge amounts to solve a problem which they created and will never be solved. We used to call them civil servants, currently all level of Government workers are almost totally self serving at our expense. The water situation is one that will never be solved, there is too much money to be made from it.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Artie ,
everything you said is spot on and anybody that doesn't believe it is either paid by the Government in some way (either a paycheck for self or family and/or welfare recipient ) or , they are just completely stupid . The one thing you will never ever here from any Government group is " we did such a great job for less money and in less time that we would like to reduce your taxes " !!!
And the lowest form of Government are the liberal democrats that ALL believe bigger Government is better and bigger Government can solve all your problems.
Look at the Healthcare system , $6 out of every $8 dollars don't go to the actual Doctors performing the service . They go to supporting regulations , paperwork etc...... To many dollars in the system for the terminally corrupt to stay out and water will/is the exact same .
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

artie1 wrote:Anyone familiar with National Geographic should realize they are a huge progressive environmental global warming advocate and at the very least we should look at an alternate opinion. Our state has been controlled by the most radical progressive environmental politicians for a very long time. We have had a water problem created by our government as far back as the sixties. We can spend 60 billion on a train yet look at the water storage infrastructure, example Oroville dam. Wake up people, we flush out to sea via the San Francisco bay 47% of all the usable water available in the state. We can build a pipeline in Alaska to ship oil hundreds of miles yet we don't build the storage or infrastructure to conserve water. Bass fishermen are some of the best conservationists yet we get sidelined by and brow beat by the environmentalists like PETA. Water waste in California is controlled by your activist Judges and Government left wing bureaucrats.

Another Opinion

Artie, while i agree with your stance on Nat Geo and the train, your opinion is largely mimicking what we hear from big agriculture in the central valley. At this point in time, there is no cost benefit to building more above ground storage. Perhaps pumping back into the aqua-fir is the answer, but we are not there technologically yet. But clearly, too much water is being pumped south to farms in the desert. And that has certainly done a lot of damage to the fish industry. Look at the salmon counts. Salmon need cold flowing water to swim and span in. But most of that water is being pumped out of the rivers leaving salmon to die before they reach their spawning grounds.
Furthermore, I dont see how PETA has anything to do with California's water structure.
Did you even watch the documentary?
Bass hack

Post by Bass hack »

Robb R wrote:Artie ,
everything you said is spot on and anybody that doesn't believe it is either paid by the Government in some way (either a paycheck for self or family and/or welfare recipient ) or , they are just completely stupid . The one thing you will never ever here from any Government group is " we did such a great job for less money and in less time that we would like to reduce your taxes " !!!
And the lowest form of Government are the liberal democrats that ALL believe bigger Government is better and bigger Government can solve all your problems.
Look at the Healthcare system , $6 out of every $8 dollars don't go to the actual Doctors performing the service . They go to supporting regulations , paperwork etc...... To many dollars in the system for the terminally corrupt to stay out and water will/is the exact same .
Seriously, did you even watch the documentary>?
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Basshack ,
The post of mine you highlighted was before the show aired . Whats your point .
Look at all the posts , I was correct on my first comment regarding Resnick . Additionally , if you don't think the relationship between Government and Resnick going all the way back to Pat Brown is linked to the fact that Paramount is controlling " our" water ---your crazy .
POWER , MONEY , GOVERNMENT = all connected in this situation , all corrupt ---making their own friggin rules ---and yes I watched the whole show .
Robb
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

And Yes .... I watched the show in disbelief.
80% of the water being pumped out of our Delta is winding up in the "Kern Water Bank" ...... by virtue of some whoreish agreement spawned in the 90's ...... Resnick / Paramount Farms now OWNS 68% of that water. Resnick is free to turn the Bakersfield-Kern County desert waste land into Almond/Pistachio orchards, ship the nuts to China, or get ready for this, sell his water back to the state for three times what he paid for it.

Just as long as this a**hole is handing out $50k "campaign contributions" to every Sacto politician, with Jerry Brown and his concubines at the front of the line, Our Delta will continue to be raped.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Michael ,
Totally agree ! Did you see how short the roots on those almond tree's were ? A really good friend of mine has a PHD is agriculture . That area were Resnick is growing Almond tress' is basically desert . It takes at least 20 TIMES the water to grow in those area's as it would in typically good soil . It also tends to leach up salts to the roots and eventually , all those trees will die off after a relatively short life .
Free land , free water , no wonder the guys is worth $4.3B
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

What the show did not reveal was that Resnick announced that 'Wonderful' farms would be increasing production 50% over the next 5 years!
I thought it was an excellent show, even if they didn't touch on the crooked WestLake Farms dealings. The secret deals behind closed doors was the same MO as the Monterrey deal. They knew that watering the area they did would cause a selenium disaster, and wrote their own agreements so they wouldn't be responsible.
They also didn't touch on ripping out productive trees only later to plant new almonds that produce twice the crop per tree.
The key is that 80% of the almonds and pistachios are shipped out of the country. That's where our water goes.
I learned a lot, it's even worse than I would ever have thought. Need to get rid of Brown.

Morgan
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

MichaelB wrote:And Yes .... I watched the show in disbelief.
80% of the water being pumped out of our Delta is winding up in the "Kern Water Bank" ...... by virtue of some whoreish agreement spawned in the 90's ...... Resnick / Paramount Farms now OWNS 68% of that water. Resnick is free to turn the Bakersfield-Kern County desert waste land into Almond/Pistachio orchards, ship the nuts to China, or get ready for this, sell his water back to the state for three times what he paid for it.

Just as long as this a**hole is handing out $50k "campaign contributions" to every Sacto politician, with Jerry Brown and his concubines at the front of the line, Our Delta will continue to be raped.
You're right. Campaign contributions control our government.
If you need proof to see how corrupting money in politics is, look who was the CA Governor in the 1990s, when those "whoreish" water deals were cut and defended. It began with George Deukmejian and ended with Pete Wilson.
Money in politics corrupts, not matter which party is in power.
If we keep fighting each other, instead of recognizing and fighting the real enemies of the Delta, we just play into their hands.
Divide and conquer works for them.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

Mark ,
you are correct ,
but I would say the real issue is === "the silent majority is never heard " .
Look at the media , they spend all kinds of money and time making a small number of so called demonstrators
look like a crowd of ten thousand and the stupid people of this country see that and believe it .
Most of our media are just a bunch of drama queens , no longer reporting the news , just dramatizing the view they want people of this country to believe .
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I teach Government/Economics in high school and I make my students aware of this water scam. We have done a few assignments that require them to read articles about who the main consumers of our water are.
On a side note, my wife came home with a jug of Calafia almond milk last week and she got a serious beatin'. Just kidding, but I did give her a stern lecture about all of the water that is wasted to produce almond milk! :)
steve0806

Post by steve0806 »

toddmc wrote:I teach Government/Economics in high school and I make my students aware of this water scam. We have done a few assignments that require them to read articles about who the main consumers of our water are.
On a side note, my wife came home with a jug of Calafia almond milk last week and she got a serious beatin'. Just kidding, but I did give her a stern lecture about all of the water that is wasted to produce almond milk! :)
Love your statement about wasting water to produce almonds. Those almond producers are making decisions on which crops to grow based on market prices for those crops versus the costs to grow those crops. Given your comments, I can just imagine what kind of Governent/Economics mush you are injecting into those young skulls.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

steve0806 wrote:
toddmc wrote:I teach Government/Economics in high school and I make my students aware of this water scam. We have done a few assignments that require them to read articles about who the main consumers of our water are.
Love your statement about wasting water to produce almonds. Those almond producers are making decisions on which crops to grow based on market prices for those crops versus the costs to grow those crops. Given your comments, I can just imagine what kind of Governent/Economics mush you are injecting into those young skulls.
Even my lowest resource students can understand supply and demand and they don't have a problem figuring out why farmers produce what they produce. Duh! Very few people have problems with farmers that are providing food for us. I think that you are missing the whole point. I come from a family of farmers and I understand why they do what they do. We should grow crops other than nuts that use far less water and get sold in the US/CA. We probably wouldn't be discussing this if the water was being used more efficiently.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Toddmc, You hit the nail on the head, They are still boasting on how much food the central valley produces, but they are replacing food with nuts, so food will start to escalate in price until some farmers start to plant it again. That will be a long time. And waiting 20 years until they decide what is appropriate groundwater pumping? Let's let the coyotes watch the chickens.....
Morgan
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

For those of you that missed it, it will repeat Saturday morning at 10:30