Navionics software - Lake McClure

BassNCop

Navionics software - Lake McClure

Post by BassNCop »

I'm disappointed in the mapping of Lake McClure on Navionics HotMaps....still. I sent Navionics this email today:

About 4-5 years ago I switched to "Lakemasters" mainly due to switching to Humminbird electronics after using your product for many years prior. I had a major issue with your software back then. Lake McClure, CA. was either not scanned or not scanned very well. I along with everyone else I know around here that use your product had the same results and complaint. Your people kept telling us it was scanned. Well I went back to Lowrance and I just purchased your Platinum "HotMaps" Western. Guess what? Lake McClure on your maps hasn't changed at all! Still not scanned very well. Most of the islands do not appear on your map. I confirmed this once again with a few of my friends that use your product. They all told me they have complained to your company. I fish this lake 60% of my time. It's very frustrating at times.

Do you agree? Don Pedro, Lake Eastman, and all the other lakes I go to in the West are done very well except McClure. WTH?
Last edited by BassNCop on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ttb31183

Re: Navionics software - Lake McClure

Post by ttb31183 »

The great thing about Navionics is that the maps are continually getting better thanks to users submitting logs. I believe someone may have done some mapping there as the lake is really good in certain areas. What specific areas are you referring to? Here are a few screenshots I found.

It is really easy to map yourself and improve the areas on the map. Let me know if you have any questions on how-to record logs. It varies by brand and model of electronics.

This is a before and after of a lake that I logged by fishing it several times.I didn't do anything special, just recorded while I fished and cruised about 30 mph when I went spot to spot. It went from a blank blue screen to this.

Before

After
Tyler Brinks
BassNCop

Post by BassNCop »

Tyler, I sent you a PM.
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

BassNcop,

I received your Pm and will be contacting you this morning..

Travis Huckaby
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

I have received a few private messages about creating your own maps and it is pretty easy. The Navionics website has detailed info with step by step instructions on it. You can see that here

https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/tutorials/

One message asked about Lowrance HDS Gen 3 and it is really easy. Use your Navionics app and connect your phone or tablet to the unit via wifi. Once there you can enable SonarChart Live on your app and what is recorded on the graph will show up on the app. This is what I do with a Gen2 Touch and wifi router. I bring my iPad and connect it when I start fishing and then put it away in the glove box. It will record all day and then once the iPad is back connected to wifi at my house it sends to Navionics and the map will be done in about a week for everyone to benefit from. I've gotten into a habit of doing this everytime I go out and the mapping in my area has become very good.
Tyler Brinks