Dobyns Rods...Great Customer Service!!

zack75

Dobyns Rods...Great Customer Service!!

Post by zack75 »

Thought I'd share this just because there are so many companies out there looking to make a fast buck...sacrificing customer service in the process. I'm just a weekend warrior bass nut with no affiliation with Dobyns but love their rods. Ordered my fifth Dobyns Rod last week from their "Refurbished Rods" selection on their website. Apparently, someone had purchased the rod prior to me but it still showed available for purchase. I had no idea this occurred until the rod arrived at home Friday...thought the rod looked too damn good for a refurbished stick as I was unwrapping it (which is such a painfully slow process right??) I then noticed the plastic wrap on the cork and retail tags...brand new rod!! Thought for sure they made a mistake until I noticed the handwritten note explaining the double purchase.

Anyway, I was of course blown away by their decision to eat the profit of a new rod and put customer service and appreciation first. Pretty cool in today's world of crappy customer service. I was a huge fan prior but now a customer for life.

Keep up the great work Dobyns Rods!! Thanks!! :mrgreen:
Old School

Re: Dobyns Rods...Great Customer Service!!

Post by Old School »

I concur.
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Thats why I made the switch.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Mike

Post by Mike »

I can choose from many rod companies but this is why I choose Dobyns.. besides the fact that they are Great Rods
OG on WB since 1993
Doug Warren

Post by Doug Warren »

I agree with the great service and rods.
scott39

Post by scott39 »

I ordered some rods from the shop last month. One of the rods was the wrong one. Idk if I gave them the wrong number or if they sent the wrong rod. It didn't matter, I called them and the correct rod arived the next day with a return shipping label. A+++++ service.
Dobyns Rods
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks guys. I won't ever say we don't make mistakes now and then, but we try hard to make it right when we do. Sorry for late reply I've been traveling. Thx again!!
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Thanks for the replacement tip sent out so quickly. Appreciate it.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

I own a bunch of Dobyns Rods. Twice I have needed their support in the area of customer service. Richard and Gary were nothing short of stellar on both occasions. That is exactly why I own a bunch of Dobyns rods.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Mr. Dobyns,
Do you have a store or a shop to buy rods and shirts and stuff?
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

J. AKINS

Post by J. AKINS »

Don't forget that Gary puts on the best tournaments that we have out here in the west!! Wild West bass trail hands down the best payouts we have!! If you haven't fished them yet do yourself a favor and sign up, you won't be sorry!!
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks for all the great comments guys. Much appreciated. We do try to keep customer service at the top of our list. We have the Dobyns store on the website for clothing and reconditioned rods. If you have any questions give us a yell at 530-671-1989. THX!!!!