Help with height of talons (updated)

McLovin

Help with height of talons (updated)

Post by McLovin »

I finally pulled the trigger on some talons this weekend. Originally I was going with 10' but got talked into 12'. Now I am a little concerned about the overall height. Was just wondering if any of you guys would be willing to measure ground to top of talon for me. I have a 21' triton, but I will take any measurements. Because of my situation I can't use the tilt brackets. Thanks

Jesse
Last edited by McLovin on Thu May 25, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian D.

Re: Help with height of talons

Post by Brian D. »

I have the 12' gen 2 talons on the 360 deg. bracket with the tilt bracket. Highly recommend them for low docks and getting into a garage. I recommend that you have the talon at the highest point. You do not want any water drag on plane or during blast off. Also, have the main 360 brackets span out in alignment with your transom. they should be parallel with each other.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I am not interested in the tilt brackets. I am in a wheelchair and I can't reach up high enough to lower the talons down with out dropping them. I just need to know what the ground to top of talon is, so I know if it will get under my garage door. I need about 7'-6" or shorter to have the clearance
basshol

Post by basshol »

I have 8ft talons and they wouldn't fit.
W.C

Post by W.C »

That's Great Jessie
Trust me the 12ft. are the way to go. Your a really smart guy, im sure u will figure out a way to make those Talons lay down on your boat automatically. Let me know where your going to buy yours at and how much? I'm definitely going to get some too. Game changer ! The way we fish. Tight line bro.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

basshol wrote:I have 8ft talons and they wouldn't fit.
That's surprising, I measured a boat yesterday that had 12's on it and it measured 7'
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

McLovin wrote:
basshol wrote:I have 8ft talons and they wouldn't fit.
That's surprising, I measured a boat yesterday that had 12's on it and it measured 7'
Every boat brand and year is different. Take your boat into the place you're thinking of buying them from, and ask them how high they would be.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

not sure you will be able to get the boat in most garages with out lowering the talons in some capacity -- unless you have a very tall garage door. As a SWAG, my talons are well over 8ft. and there is no way I can get the garage.

best of luck.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

I think you should be able to use the quick release handles and lower them way down before you put her in the garage. Than, when you go fishing, pull her out and raise the talons again. Just make sure the wiring has enough slack.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

So the dimension I was looking for, 07 triton 12' talons, floor to top a talon ended up being 7' fits in the garage no problem.