Rod recommendation

Inland fisheries advocate

Rod recommendation

Post by Inland fisheries advocate »

I have a friend that mostly fishes senior & worms for Bass. I'd like to buy him a special rod. What would you recommend, dobyns, loomis, or?

Thanks
Tony Lain

Re: Rod recommendation

Post by Tony Lain »

Nothing like getting fishing tackle for a gift. Score!! A good rod at a good price... Daiwa Tatula series. For Senko and worm fishing, the 7'2" MH is a great choice. Check out the link:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_Ta ... e-DTC.html
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Spinning or casting? Length? Line size? To get the right rod we'd need more info. Please give us a call at our shop and We can dial you into the right rod. 530-671-1989 We do this every day therefore we're pretty good at helping with choices. THX!!!
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

If you want to buy your friend a "special" rod, go with the Dobyns Champion Extreme. For senkos and worms I love my 784, but I do like heavier action rods compared to most people. Just listen to Mr. Dobyns and he'll hook you up!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Inland fisheries advocate

Post by Inland fisheries advocate »

He is a spinning reel guy.. So a rod that uses spinning reel & mostly senkos & some drop shot..thanks
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Inland fisheries advocate wrote:He is a spinning reel guy.. So a rod that uses spinning reel & mostly senkos & some drop shot..thanks
I have a Dobyns 703 spinning rod and absolutely love it for senkos.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

GLOOMIS GLX 853s.....thats a special one!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I have a few new longer spinning rods coming in Champion line. I'd recommend a 733 SF. It's 7'3" with a good tip. It's excellent Senko and worm rod.