Delta Spraying schedule Notice

Fly'in V

Delta Spraying schedule Notice

Post by Fly'in V »

The Department of boating and Waterways will be spraying/spreading pellets in the White's Slough, Disappointment Slough, Honker Cut and Bishop Cut next week 3ed thru the 7th.

You can sign-up for an email notification about the area and dates of the spraying.

http://dbw.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=28764

Cheers all and have a safe 4th of July

Fly'in V.
PISCIS DIEM (Fish the Day)
bluehobiebasser

Re: Delta Spraying schedule Notice

Post by bluehobiebasser »

Thanks for the info. They have been dropping pellets in that area for weeks now. Most of the grass is dead. Not sure how much more they can kill in 5 days. :oops:
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Map on the website can't be really zoomed in. Only the list of areas and you have to figure them out on your own. Very vague and I'm sure that's the way they want it. They've been spraying and pelleting everywhere and ruining the ecosystem. I've found more dead beavers in the past month out there than I've seen in twelve years fishing the delta. Too bad it's not killing off the seals too.......
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

They have to make sure there is no place for those baby bass to hide. :x
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I'm not positive, but I think I saw quite a few areas in Old river south east of Franks that looked pelletized today. Big areas of dark grass, that looked less than alive. I'm new to the Delta, so I'm not completely sure of what I saw, but it was definitely different than surrounding areas. Also, something that seemed kind of strange, I saw large areas of Tulle that were wilted and damaged, almost looked dead, that a week ago were very healthy looking. Not sure if that's related.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The pellet boat was in Sandmound today. They came down one side to the end of the last tulle island, and then back up the other side, spraying pellets. The two guys working the boat said they were treating for what I call elodea (hydrilla).
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
bent70

Post by bent70 »

Yea they past me midday yesterday heading down Taylor slough.