Ned rig

Hookset5

Ned rig

Post by Hookset5 »

Am I the only person who see's that bass will bite just about anything depending on their mood rather than what you throw at them? Reaction strikes or finesse.. that's about it. All the gizmo's and gadgets are all just a bunch of ways to spend money (and I've spent a lot). Taking the Ned Rig for example. A half of a Senko attached to a finesse jig head. It's not rocket science, it's just a small worm on a hook that stands upright, but it only stands upright because it's small. There is no "magic" about it. Maybe I've just grown old enough to see the many, many tactics and compare them to the old days, when angles caught just as many fish on a T-rig lizard on Mono.
Rod Martin

Re: Ned rig

Post by Rod Martin »

The old days are gone. Fish will not bite on a lure more than 6 weeks old. So throw all those old baits in a box and ship them to Holiday,Fl. care of R Martin, I will see that they are gotten rid of in a safe way. :shock: :wink:
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:The old days are gone. Fish will not bite on a lure more than 6 weeks old. So throw all those old baits in a box and ship them to Holiday,Fl. care of R Martin, I will see that they are gotten rid of in a safe way. :shock: :wink:
What a guy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
MT

Post by MT »

Just bought the mold for this rig and threw it for 3 days at Clearlake. If you're not using the zman baits that float (stand straight up) then you're not getting any of the benefits of this rig. When they stopped eating the crankbait and jig I would finish with the Ned and find out how many fish were actually on that spot. I'm sold on it. I'm not against the old school approach and love to drag a jig or a T-Rig but to me this is just another tool that will help you squeeze ot every bite possible.
porkoman

Post by porkoman »

I agree with stand-up baits. Which z-man do you recommend? Some have salt and others maybe not. Not sure what to buy.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

porkoman wrote:I agree with stand-up baits. Which z-man do you recommend? Some have salt and others maybe not. Not sure what to buy.
Z-Man recommends their TRD (The Real Deal) bait or the Z-Man Hula StickZ bait. There may be other floating baits out there as well
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
sThurmon

Post by sThurmon »

Whichweight head do you like?
deltabass

Post by deltabass »

So far the Nichols "Toadstool" has been the ticket for me. No bending, breaking and the Gami hook stays sharp.
WRB

Post by WRB »

30+ years ago we used a 1/8 oz Ball head jig with a 4" SuperFloat worm and split the tail about 2", the term finesse hadn't been used yet. Dick Trask won a lot of tournaments using a 1/8 oz dart head with 4" smoke FlutterCraft worms to catch suspended bass that everyone couldn't catch. Split shot hand poured floating 3" reapers and screamers came next.
Small soft plastics are not new and the and Ned rig is another in a long line of other "finesse" rigs and they all work.
Tom