Trying Out a NU Jig

ttb31183

Trying Out a NU Jig

Post by ttb31183 »

The weather is starting to cool and it is getting closer to my favorite time of year to fish, fall in the Northwest. I went out to a local lake the other day despite all of the smoke from the wildfires. We caught fish on a variety of different techniques and landed some nice largemouth and smallmouth.

It was also my first time using a NuTech jig. I have had a couple of them for a few years but don't think I have ever tied it on and I know I have never caught anything with it. I'm pretty simple with jigs and typically just use a straight black jig with a black trailer no matter where I go. While on the water I decided to tie this one on and it worked great.

I paired the jig with a Stike King Rage Menace Grub and pitched it to docks in 20lb Seaguar Tatsu. The key was finding docks that were in the 8ft range. We caught some smaller largemouth and smallmouth on the deeper stuff, but the best largemouth came on docks with grass around them and right at 8ft of water. If we could find that we would get bit right away. I looked around on my map to find them because this lake mostly has either really deep docks (30ft) or super shallow (2-5ft).

Hopefully this is the start of a great fall season. Can't wait for the bigger ones to start feeding up!
Tyler Brinks
george

Re: Trying Out a NU Jig

Post by george »

I have thrown the NuTech jigs for a few years now and they are a phenomenal bait and they stand up to the hype given them! I just got back from a trip to Clear Lake and fished 1/2oz brown/orange combo football head and knocked the snot out of em. I did not catch any pigs this trip but they put several limits in the boat each day! Crazy thing is that I still have all but one of the original dozen or so jigs that Bo and Chane from NuTech sent me! They even work as good if not better off shore on the Calicos as they are almost impossible to lose!

George
ttb31183

Re: Trying Out a NU Jig

Post by ttb31183 »

george wrote:I have thrown the NuTech jigs for a few years now and they are a phenomenal bait and they stand up to the hype given them! I just got back from a trip to Clear Lake and fished 1/2oz brown/orange combo football head and knocked the snot out of em. I did not catch any pigs this trip but they put several limits in the boat each day! Crazy thing is that I still have all but one of the original dozen or so jigs that Bo and Chane from NuTech sent me! They even work as good if not better off shore on the Calicos as they are almost impossible to lose!

George
Thats great to hear, George. I had a few from a couple years ago and never gave them a shot. They hook fish great!
Tyler Brinks