Updating Charts

rickyshabazz

Updating Charts

Post by rickyshabazz »

I get a lot of questions weekly about which Navionics card is the best or I have an old card that I have never updated. There are anglers on the water every day sonarlogging and uploading data to the Navionics website. This data is pushed out through the webapp or the app for your phone or tablet first. The only way to access the most current map of your lake is to update your card or to have the app on your phone/tablet. I have both. I use the Navionics Regions West card and the app. Here is what it looks like.

Last edited by rickyshabazz on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wanabepro
Bassfishman

Re: Updating Charts

Post by Bassfishman »

Thanks for the info. I bought the Navionics SD Card that I plug into my Lowrance unit. I have the Navionics app downloaded to my iPad and iPhone too, but it asks me to procure the service for $50. I thought when I bought the service for the SD Card the app service came free. Did I misunderstand?
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

Bassfishman wrote:Thanks for the info. I bought the Navionics SD Card that I plug into my Lowrance unit. I have the Navionics app downloaded to my iPad and iPhone too, but it asks me to procure the service for $50. I thought when I bought the service for the SD Card the app service came free. Did I misunderstand?
These are two separate products. The SD card for your boat works in your graph and the phone/ipad app is something different. There is a free version of the app that has basic navigational maps, but the paid app is what is needed to get the 1ft contours, community edits, etc. that are the same detail as the card for your Lowrance.
Tyler Brinks
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

The card for your unit is different than the app for your phone or tablet. However they can work together depending on the unit and updates. The card comes with one year of updates for free and then it's $99 a year. The app is $10 a year for the phone and $20 a year for the tablet. In either case most people need both so that you can study and make live maps if you have units that allow connection via wifi.

Bassfishman wrote:Thanks for the info. I bought the Navionics SD Card that I plug into my Lowrance unit. I have the Navionics app downloaded to my iPad and iPhone too, but it asks me to procure the service for $50. I thought when I bought the service for the SD Card the app service came free. Did I misunderstand?
The Wanabepro