Fishing Oroville Lake 11/11/2017

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville Lake 11/11/2017

Post by Tom Gronwall »

This is my first weekend fishing this lake and low and behold, tournament going on, making for a busy ramp! Guessing my last weekend fishing, as I tend not to fish weekends, due to the crowds. Got launched about 6:15 am or so, stopped fishing right at 10 am. Bite way off from last trip, fish seemed scattered and not in the frenzy biting mood. First cast a 14 3/4" LM, best fish of the day. Only caught 12 fish today, most the basic 13-13 1/2" size. Perfect day on the water, just a slight breeze, clouds, picture perfect looking this morning, just not a great bite. Found fish 15 feet to 35 feet, most in that 30-35 foot range. Hope next week fish are in a better mood Released all fish as always.
GOPR0292.JPG
Jersey47

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 11/11/2017

Post by Jersey47 »

Hello Tom. I was out yesterday with my cousin as well. Bite was tough as you said. We got on the water around 9:30 and fished until about 3:30. Would have been nice to run into you out there. But as you said you typically don't fish on the weekends. I was surprised to see there was a tournament going on yesterday. Although I read that it was also a toy drive for kids, which I think is a great cause. We started in Potters Ravine and couldn't get a hook up. Original plan was to go to the Middle Fork after that, but decided to go up and fish some areas near Goat Point instead. We ended up catching about nine fish there, so it was "worth" the trip I guess. Because of work, I fish mostly on weekends there, and it can be "hit or miss" as far as crowds go (especially around this time of the year). The last six or seven times I have been out, there have only been a few other boaters on the lake. Tournaments do bring a crowd though. (How about the clown who parked his truck and trailer completely against the "grain" of everyone else? Took up like 3 or 4 parking spaces with that bit of inconsideration.) Even with the tournament going on we only had a few boats come near us when we were out there. So it's not too bad on weekends right now. However, I would probably fish during the week like you, if and when I could.
Tom Gronwall

Post by Tom Gronwall »

With the rains and true fall weather, the tough bite might be on for the next 3-4 months, we'll see next Tuesday, as I give it a try again. Good to hear you got fish and a worth while trip.
Jersey47

Post by Jersey47 »

Hi Tom. How was the fishing on Tuesday?