WWBT Contingencies????

JLBassin

WWBT Contingencies????

Post by JLBassin »

My buddy and I decided to go ahead and fish the WWBT CA Team Trail this year. I cannot for the life of me find any current information regarding contingency prizes. Has anyone been able to find this information, can we expect it be posted after the holidays? The first Tournament is not to far away Jan 13th 2018.

Thanks
Steve L

Re: WWBT Contingencies????

Post by Steve L »

It is frustrating to still have questions about WWBT. Lots of questions have been answered vaguely. I noticed on their website, P-Line, Yamamoto and Costa are absent. Could be an over site on their part. I think it's a very good trail, but it seems to be loosing some momentum. I believe other anglers are feeling this way. Hopefully, ALL details will be available by 2018.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I asked about contingencies on their Facebook page on Dec 12. I got a quick response and was told that info will be available in the near future. Nothing has been posted as of yet. It sure would be nice to have that info NOW.
Also, it would be nice if they listed off limit periods, official practice days, and last day to sign up in one place so there's no confusion. That info may be on their site if you do enough reading and have a pen and calendar handy but we shouldn't have to do that. I'm holding out on signing up until they get this info out there.
kmah

Post by kmah »

Pro off limits just look up the dates and plug in the below rules copied and pasted from their website.

OFF LIMITS: off limits period for all WWBT pro/am tournaments will be the nine (9) consecutive days prior to the practice period in all WWBT events unless otherwise notified by WWBT.

Pro practice days
PRACTICE: CONTESTANTS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE WATER Day 1 of Open Practice 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE PUBLISHED SUNRISE TIME UNTIL 30 MINUTES PAST THE PUBLISH SUNSET TIME. Day 2 Open Practice 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE PUBLISHED SUNRISE TIME UNTIL 4:00 PM LOCAL TIME. Special off limits periods will be announced for Championship Invitational events. OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT DAYS (FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY)

Team off limits
OFF LIMITS PRACTICE: QUALIFYING EVENTS: Tournament waters shall be off-limits to all contestants 5 days prior to the event day in all WWBT events unless otherwise notified by WWBT. Off limits for WWBT tournament waters will start at 12:01am local time the Monday 5 days prior to event day.

Haven’t heard of contingencies yet. I did hear they already had 50-60 signed up for the Shasta pro/am already.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Thanks Ken but that's what i'm talking about. You found this info in the rules section which is like reading a short novel.
I still don't know what the official practice days are so how am I suppose to determine when off limits start? I'm sure this info is in there but I don't want to have to look for it and then do the math and then potentially make a mistake.

The change of ownership started out good but seems to have fallen flat after they got their website going.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

did Gary ever say who purchased WWBT ?.......
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

Off limits is Pretty cut and dry. Does it really matter who owns it? As long as they do what they say. Lets go fishing...
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If WWBT wants me to drive 5-6 hrs one way, freeze my azz off and drop around $1500 in fees and expenses they better get this posted.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Ranger boats is at the to of your sponsors list didn't johnny morris and bass pro buy ranger boats. Why not buy wwbt. And cabel's
basshol

Post by basshol »

I thought the question was what sponsor contingency there were.Yamamoto P line and Costa are no longer on the wwbt site.
kmah

Post by kmah »

Whoopbass wrote:Thanks Ken but that's what i'm talking about. You found this info in the rules section which is like reading a short novel.
I still don't know what the official practice days are so how am I suppose to determine when off limits start? I'm sure this info is in there but I don't want to have to look for it and then do the math and then potentially make a mistake.

The change of ownership started out good but seems to have fallen flat after they got their website going.
I have attached the dates screen shot off their website.

The two days prior to the first published event days are practice days.

9 days prior to first practice day is off limits.

Example-Shasta
Event days Jan 26-28
Practice days Jan 24 & 25
Off limits Jan 15-23 totaling 9 days

Nothing has changed from last year to this year in regards to dates, practice, and off limits. I am just trying to help shed light on what’s posted.

Hope this helps all
Attachments
BEB39609-0D04-4BA4-A1DA-FE5AC6F35ED4.png
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

From Jeremy DeHart

All info will be provided as soon as possible.
kmah

Post by kmah »

Whoopbass wrote:If WWBT wants me to drive 5-6 hrs one way, freeze my azz off and drop around $1500 in fees and expenses they better get this posted.
I do agree with you here. The answers are on the site, but they do have to be sought out. Just post calm objective questions and I’m sure someone or someone like me who loves doing research (it’s a curse) will help out.

Let’s fish and have fun because why else do we have boats, rods, tackle, trucks, and a need to compete.
Last edited by kmah on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLBassin

Post by JLBassin »

Seems like my thread for kinda hijacked but I understand that we are all just seeking more information from the new WWBT ownership on various issues.

Let's all cross our fingers and perhaps next week we will receive contingency information , official practice days, etc.
fishn4bass

Post by fishn4bass »

What are the entry fees for the events? Went on the website and there's nothing on the cost to fish the events other than the $60 membership.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If the new owners would have been up front from the beginning with all the info and sponsors in place and contingencies
Shasta would more like have 90 to 100 boats or more sign up by now. It shasta its also new owners and anglers holding back a wait and see approach.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Thanks Ken for making it idiot proof. Sometimes with dates you can easily be off a day if you're not careful. I sure wouldn't be happy if I thought I done things right and ended up getting DQ'd before the event even started.

The sponsor contingencies is kinda a big deal (especially Evinrude) but it shouldn't stop anyone from entering. Most of these other circuits don't have squat and I don't hear anyone complaining.

WWBT is pricey. $760 for the Pro and I believe $350 for the AM. The team tournaments are cheap.
kmah

Post by kmah »

fishn4bass wrote:What are the entry fees for the events? Went on the website and there's nothing on the cost to fish the events other than the $60 membership.
I didn’t design the website but if you get a membership and are logged in this is what you will see once you selected an event.

Again this is screen shot off of their website and I am logged into my wwbt account.

Hope this helps
Attachments
E508BB9E-E72C-4F46-99C4-A48CBFD1223F.png
2A2425F0-A312-4C61-ADD6-82F35FDF6478.png
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

UNBELIEVABLE! The original question was about contingencies. For the new owners with all due respect: you need to get ALL the details on your web page and all the questions will go away. All information for all Pro-Am and Team. Seems like a reasonable request
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I am shure " with Jeremy & Jason " staying on' to run the show " it will be business as usual " for WWBT !....
basshol

Post by basshol »

When you go on a wild West website they have updated their sponsors list which now shows P line and Yamamoto But Costa and Lowrance are not listed
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

For a prospective angler looking for WWBT details.... such as the cost of a team tournament, one has to spend $60 for a membership, which is really restrictive and a bad idea. One should not have to complain on Westernbass and wait for a "member" to post such basic information.