lake Tulloch and the Stanislaus River

Rich hamilton

lake Tulloch and the Stanislaus River

Post by Rich hamilton »

Was just wondering when and why they release water from Tulloch? I noticed the Stanislaus river converges and flows into Melonies and then into Tulloch. The river the last three days has been rising quite rapidly here in Ripon.

Must be either Power demand, farm use or to prepare for storms? Thanks in advance, RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Captain Morgan

Re: lake Tulloch and the Stanislaus River

Post by Captain Morgan »

They do a dam inspection at Tulloch every 4 years during the winter and draw the lake way down for access.
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

Melones is almost full.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Thanks for the info, it was really strange to see the river literally rise rapidly without much rain etc. Melonies was only down .14 today and Tulloch up .67. I must be reading something wrong on the lake levels.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If I remember correctly reservoirs are only allowed to be around 80% full around this time of year. I think this was some type of knee jerk legislation to the flooding we had back in 97'. It also may have something to do with the salmon run. The only time they release water if a judge tells them they have to or if they sell it to another water district. I don't think farms need water right now so it's probably for reservoir storage capacity or possibly salmon related.