banding soft plastic baits

AD

banding soft plastic baits

Post by AD »

Was wondering anyones take on how the placing of bands on soft plastic baits started. I have my own idea, but was wondering what anyone else knows.
ash
SpeedBump

Re: banding soft plastic baits

Post by ash »

Not long after the senko craze back in the early 2000's when they were one fish catches or getting ripped from wacky rigging. I dont recall seeing or hearing much of it prior to that, but after that guys started sleeving wacky worms and soft plastics with a variety of different stuff.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
SethMendez

Post by SethMendez »

Hmm, so it's still a thing 'till now?
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

ash wrote:Not long after the senko craze back in the early 2000's when they were one fish catches or getting ripped from wacky rigging. I dont recall seeing or hearing much of it prior to that, but after that guys started sleeving wacky worms and soft plastics with a variety of different stuff.
I think banding evolved from using "O" rings for wacky rigging. IMO, there are two reasons for using bands instead of "O" rings: 1) the bands are a lot cheaper than rings, and 2) the contact area of the band on the worm is much larger than the ring, spreading the stress out more, so the ring doesn't end up cutting through the bait
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
AD

Post by AD »

Banding baits has been in practice probably since purple creme worms were the hot ticket. It was the Senko and the tool
most people use to install the bands. The combination of the two is what started the mainstream banding thing. The Senko came out in 1995. in 1997 I invented the tool that is most used today to band stick worms and fish them wacky style.

Every one zeroed in on just using the tool to wacky rig.The reason is because the companies that copied my tool design focussed on wacky rigging the senko style baits. The tool was intended for most plastic baits . I use the tool to band and fish 95% of my baits. Worms,Tubes,Grubs etc.rigged a multitude of ways. It turns all these baits into all day bass suckers.
and puts some unique twists on how they can be fished.