New Rigging Tool for Your Yamamoto Senkos

ttb31183

New Rigging Tool for Your Yamamoto Senkos

Post by ttb31183 »

Last weekend I was at the Bassmaster Classic and found something that I had to buy. It is a new tool for rigging your senkos. I had seen this from Yamamoto pro Shin Fukae in a video and couldn't wait to get it for myself. The "pliers" for lack of a better word are made by a Japanese company called G-Seven and they are meant for adding a surgical-like tube to your baits.

The cool thing about these little tubes is that they are clear and match any color of soft plastic. They are also very snug on the baits so you know they won't slip. I accidentally put the tube a little off center and it was nearly impossible to move it down.

The other cool thing about them is you can hook right through the tubing so the hook is perpindicular and gets better hooksets vs. an o-ring. The tubes are available in a bunch of sizes. The size 7 are for 5" Senkos and the size 6 are for 4". I also got some size 7's for thinner worms.

I'd say these are definitely worth a look if you like to wacky and neko rig.
Tyler Brinks
MT

Re: New Rigging Tool for Your Yamamoto Senkos

Post by MT »

I'm curious as to the durability of the tubes. Couldn't help but notice the warning in the description on TW about avoiding "too much pressure or the tubes may tear". Holding off on these until I hear some honest feedback.
JLBassin

Post by JLBassin »

I usually just criss-cross 2 o-rings and my hook stands up perpendicular to senko. Works fine for me
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Waiting for more feed back on these. I've always used an O ring and put the hook UNDER the ring with the hook going back to front. Always seem to hook in the roof of the mouth or the upper lip. Don't seem to have any missed hook sets. Plus, I can use the Senko/Worm many, many times as it freely slides up the line.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Pat

Post by Pat »

The tool is a medical device called a "Nasal Speculum". Available on Amazon and from medical supply vendors.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo ... o5migne2_e

You can also find them on Ebay complete with the silicon tubes. I just got some and am looking forward to trying them for Neko and wacky rigs.

Pat
Pat

Post by Pat »

Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

Thought that thing looked familiar! I've seen them in sterile packets in our ICU, but rarely ever use them. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, after all we use hemostats all the time in the fishing world.
Delta Dave

Post by Delta Dave »

I just use slurpee straws from 7-11 clear. Cut 1/8" off, stretch the bait and slide them on. works great!!!! Use them on trick worms, baby brush hogs and Zoom 6" lizards. For senko's get the big fat straw. All others next size down.
Last edited by Delta Dave on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I remember seeing those at Helga's House of Pain!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
medfish

Post by medfish »

[quote="JLBassin"]I usually just criss-cross 2 o-rings and my hook stands up perpendicular to senko. Works fine for me[/quote]
Crap cats out of the bag. Been doing this for years.
AD

Post by AD »

It is amazing how quick the vultures come out when they see prey. I just saw the video on this tool last month.
Already the vultures are trying to create an over priced industry out of it. The monkey see monkey do syndrome is amazing when it comes to profit. I was granted a us patent in 2000 on what every one calls the wacky tool. I showed it at the I CASTin 2000. The next thing I saw was my tool being sold by various vultures with nerve to claim it was their original idea.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

AD wrote:It is amazing how quick the vultures come out when they see prey. I just saw the video on this tool last month.
Already the vultures are trying to create an over priced industry out of it. The monkey see monkey do syndrome is amazing when it comes to profit. I was granted a us patent in 2000 on what every one calls the wacky tool. I showed it at the I CASTin 2000. The next thing I saw was my tool being sold by various vultures with nerve to claim it was their original idea.
That sucks!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Fish Trap

Post by Fish Trap »

Just go buy some shrink tubing. 1/2 inch, shrink the whole piece over an old Senko. Cut small pieces to fit when needed. It works great and one pack from lowes is $3.00 and will last for years.