PROTEEN July 15, 2018 Registration is NOW Open!!!

LinzyCuccia"Cooch'sDaughter"

PROTEEN July 15, 2018 Registration is NOW Open!!!

Post by LinzyCuccia"Cooch'sDaughter" »

C.O. - Cooch Pro Teen Classic shared an event.
Written by Lindsey M. Cuccia · May 18 at 7:10am ·
The purpose of the Pro-Teen event is to introduce teenage kids to alternative activities, in our particular case it is tournament bass fishing. It is a chance for a kid, who otherwise does not have the opportunity, to enter and participate in a "pro style" tournament event. This event is great for all Teens in and around our Community from the Ages of 13 to 19 Years of age. For more information and registration for Boaters and Teens go to http://www.westernbass.com/proteen
ktravels

Re: PROTEEN July 15, 2018 Registration is NOW Open!!!

Post by ktravels »

Saw the description of the tournament, is there a total of 3 people per boat now? 2 teens and 1 boater? Just wanted some clarification
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

This year, there will be two teens per boat.

To Clarify, Yes. There will be two teens per boat. In the past my father "Cooch" only had one teen per boat. This year, since my father is no longer with us, we as a collective, The Board of Committee for the ProTeen: Cooch's Daughter Linzy Cuccia,TNT BAITS CO Owner Johnny Fain, and Fishing Brother Ronnie VanAirsdale have decided for the safety of the teens and boater that there will be two teen per boat and one ProBoater. 3 Person per boat. Thank you
!
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

What is the scoring format going to be ?
2 teens + boater = team weight ?
2 teens = team.... and boater just the guide ?
Still 5 fish ?

I'm already registered, just curious how it will work.

Hello fishing family and friends. I want to first thank you for all the kind words and support as the ProTeen is well on its way. Of course filling my father's shoes is a steep one to accomplish and with that there was a few bumps on the way. That being said, I want to give some clarification to all future Teens and Pro Boaters involved. Back to the basics!! It is not posted yet, but will be uploaded soon onto the http://www.westernbass.com/proteen site.

"Hello All and Welcome to the 2018 C.O -Cooch's .Pro-Teen Classic XXI -It is with great honor and pride that we are able to carry on Cooch's legacy this year and future years to come. July 15th will mark the 21st year of the C.O.-Cooch's Pro-Teen Classic. The purpose of the Pro-Teen event is to introduce teenage kids to alternative activities, in our particular case it is tournament bass fishing. It is a chance for a kid, who otherwise does not have the opportunity, to enter and participate in a "pro style" tournament event. This event is great for all Teens in and around our Community from the Ages of 13 to 19 Years of age. The Rules and Scoring as follows: One Teen per Boat with a 5 fish limit. The Pro Boater will be allowed to contribute 2 kicker fish to help obtain the 5 fish weight limit. If you are planning on being there this year as a new teen, returning teen or Pro Boater Please make sure you register before leaving this site! We'll feed ya, launch ya and hook ya up with an awesome Pro Boater or youth who is eager and excited to learn more about bass fishing! You can go directly to the registration link here on this post or contact me if you have any questions! Thank you again, and we look forward to another exciting Year."
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

[quote="LinzyCuccia"Cooch'sDaughter""] The Rules and Scoring as follows: One Teen per Boat with a 5 fish limit. The Pro Boater will be allowed to contribute 2 kicker fish to help obtain the 5 fish weight limit.[/quote]
Back to the original question:
Is there going to be one Teen or two Teens per boat ?
This post contradicts the original posts and the "ProTeen" page instructions.
If there are two Teens per Boat, which I assume is the case, what is the scoring format?

Is there going to be an opportunity to get paired-up with your Teens (or Teen) on July 14th, the Saturday afternoon before as has been the case in previous years?

Hey there... In response for the ProTeen, the rules and scoring have been updated on the westernbass.com/proteen forum.

"The rules and scoring as follows: one teen per boat with a 5 fish limit. The pro boater will be allowed to contribute 2 kicker fish to help obtain the 5 fish weight limit."

Check in is on July 14 at Russia's Marina

You will be paired up with your teen the Morning of July 15th before blast off.

Again my apologies for the confusion. I am in hopes this will clear it up. If you have further questions or clarifying needed please click on the westernbass.com/proteen for contact.

Hey Yall,

Approved Teens are have been uploaded. Don't Forget to register, July 15th is just around the bend!

Linzy

Hello all you faithful followers of Cooch's Fishing and PRO-Teen Classic

Here are the first of few, but Many more to come of Approved Registered Teens. So much excitement while I upload all the names. Please Look for your registered Teen. Hurry to register, spots are filling up quick and the deadline for Registration is July 10th.
  • Reg # Name City State
    201801 Mathhew Cicisly Gilroy CA
    201802 Cole Koenig Woodbridge CA
    201803 Tyler Hurney Oakley CA
    201804 Justin Hurney Oakley CA
    201805 Michael Lake Milpitas CA
    201806 Braden S. Fuller Livermore CA
    201807 William Plubell ClearLake CA

Looking forward to adding your Teen up there!!

Linzy "lilCooch" Cuccia-Estrella
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Can not seem to get a PM response from Linzy. Do not believe she is using Westernbass as a resource.

As of June 28 there are (7) Teens registered and an unknown number of Boaters.

We are less then two weeks out.
Does anyone know...... what is the status of this event ?

Hello All Cooch's Supporters, Boaters, Teens, Family and Friends:

It is with great sadness that I Linzy Cuccia, announce that this years ProTeen Classic is cancelled for July 15th. This is very disheartening for me to do, as I feel I have failed my father and the teens looking forward to this event and for the boaters who have made plans to support this event. My father put his heart and soul into this event every year. Unfortunately, I did not get the support needed to help make this event happen. I cannot express how much this saddens me.
While I am still dealing with my father's death, raising my three young children, and running my own business, I cannot do this event on my own. In the beginning there were a collective of members of the board who were gung-ho about the event and making sure my father's legacy survive and continue the ProTeen. Now they have either dropped out of the organizing of the event or were too busy with their own lives to really dive in with me to make this event happen. I cannot be mad I understand fully as to everyone has there own lives. That being said, with less than two weeks away, only 12 Approved Teen Registered, not enough boaters(due to scheduling conflicts of other Touneys and TOC's), not enough sponsors, or $$(that my dad paid for from his Guide Fishing) to support the event, not enough promoting and with my lack of knowledge of how to run a Fishing Tournament Event, unfortunately the ProTeen Event, Scheduled for July 15, 2018 is being cancelled. I will be returning all checks to approved teens and their parents. I will also be making personal calls this week to explain in further detail. I cannot express how much this saddens me. I hope you understand and forgive me.
But please, do not, fret, this is NOT the end of the ProTeen. I am reforming the board of Committee for the ProTeen at this very moment with very reliable sources. I have contacted a few of Cooch's Main Sponsors informed them of the challenging issues I face and have made a plan to reschedule the event for late October to Early November of 2018. I hope you understand why I have to do this, and truly hope that you do not lose faith in me. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to email me at linzy.TNTBella@gmail.com or you may call me personally at (925)752-4453. I am not on here regularly as I am still unfamiliar with how to utilize westernbass.com

Again, I Truly Apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Respectfully,

Linzy Cuccia...