clear lake

ironman

clear lake

Post by ironman »

i couldnt find it on the internet and was wondering whats clear lakes record for biggest bass
MATT.M
04 tr21x 225 evinrude white/red
[url=http://toddsgearbag.swagbucks.com/refer/ironman69baby][img]http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/toddsgearbag-173x63.jpg[/img][/url]
510lipripper

Re: clear lake

Post by 510lipripper »

I beleve its 17lbs caught in the late 80's.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Check out this profile. See anything on here that makes you raise an eyebrow?

http://www.heavyweightbassclassic.com/v ... angler=136
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

Don't even get me started on that guy.
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

Maybe he just added an extra 1 in front of those fish??
ironman

Post by ironman »

thanks for the info thats the reason i asked because i saw that on hbc's website
MATT.M
04 tr21x 225 evinrude white/red
[url=http://toddsgearbag.swagbucks.com/refer/ironman69baby][img]http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/toddsgearbag-173x63.jpg[/img][/url]
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

I dont know that guy, but maybe thats why I hear what I hear about him. :shock: , anybody who knows ClearLake knows the record is 17something..... Not a very good liar.
BMX Mike
Steve

Post by Steve »

I know nothing about this person except this. Hes old and hes been fishing a long time. Not everybody cares to get a lake record, and not everybody "certifies" a giant fish. Maybe he caught that fish back in the 60's and didnt really care to let the world know about it. I dont really know but I would like to know.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

17 pounds 10 oz. Here's Ross England and I with the fish in Tackle it. Nothing bigger has ever been caught in Clear Lake. The Pellagrini page is BS. 100 bass over 10 lb and won 1 tournament. Image
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
BMX Bassin

Re: clear lake/ Sonoma Record

Post by BMX Bassin »

He says he caught a couple 17lbrs in Lake Sonoma too.... The largemouth record, taken by Steve Tamez in 1994, weighed 15.37 pounds. ... HHmmmmmmm..... looks like somebody has a problem telling the truth.
BMX Mike
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

When it comes to stuff like this I gota see some pics.
There are way to many people in this sport that are TALK.

Thanks for that pic Greg, I never knew Ross has the record there.
Right on Ross!

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

bassindon69 wrote:When it comes to stuff like this I gota see some pics.
There are way to many people in this sport that are TALK.

Thanks for that pic Greg, I never knew Ross has the record there.
Right on Ross!

Don.
Ross doesn't have the record either ;-) He was managing the store there at the time and had it on display.

The Clear Lake record of 17.52 pounds was established in 1990 by Jerry Basgal of Clearlake Oaks. Two years later commercial fishermen operating at the lake reported catching and releasing a 25-pound bass.

Okay I know find out it's not 17.10 but 17.52
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
lionkiller

Post by lionkiller »

I see that mount in the baitshop every day!

You'd think that if someone had real proof of a bigger fish, they'd show it and take their due.

Otherwise, it's just bartalk....
It's just a beating.....till you fight back.
texas john

Post by texas john »

If you had the Clearlake record fish you would certify it, I dont care who you are...Obviously this guy likes to embelesh a bit.......Good job Greg.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
R.Mac

Post by R.Mac »

I know Mike. He told me the story about the C/L fish. Ya gotta take it with a grain of salt, but the story goes that the fish was caught on a big-*** plastic bait as I remember. The thing is, that it was caught in the evening. Being a true sportsman, he tried to get it weighed and/or recognized, but by that time it was too late in the evening and nothing was open, so the fish was released. Can't be proven, but he has caught a lot of big-*** fish in his time. Also, the Sonoma fish were very early after the lake was ready to fish,shortly after it opened. Is that when the official record holder got his fish??? Almost all fisherman are bullshitters to some degree.Some much more than others.Do ya really think you should rip this guy in a public forum? My .02ct.
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

Yes I think you should rip a guy that claims to have two lake records. Earlier this year I finally talked one of my best friends to fish a pro-am and a stren. He went up and stayed with me for the clearlake events. These were going to be his first tournaments ever. The first day of the pro-am he draws mike. After the first day my friend is upset. After I ask him whats wrong he then proceeds to tell about his day. It pretty much was mike telling him how great he was and how my friend was doing everything wrong and his equipment sucked. Even though 4 out of the 5 fish in the well were my friends. My buddy had such a bad time that he decided not to fish the second day and cancelled the stren. Now he won't fish another tournament. I thought maybe my friend was being a little harsh. So I asked some well respected fishermen that I knew about mike and all of them said the same thing. He is a horrible person. This guy is a legend in his own mind who thinks he has two lake records. Yes r.mac we should rip on a guy like that.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

R.Mac wrote:Do ya really think you should rip this guy in a public forum? My .02ct.
Most definitely
Steven Tamez

Post by Steven Tamez »

Hello Gents,

This is Steven Tamez the Largemought Bass Lake Record Holder at Lake Sonoma. The date was 03/21/1990. The fish weighed 15.37 lbs. 30.5 inches long and 30 inches around. If you need a pic let me know.

I read the discussion and I believe we can clear up who actually hold the Sonoma Lake Record. Over the last 28 years there have been challenges of 13, 14 and close to 15 lbs. I know one day the Lake record will fall. However, to this point no one has produced this fish to do so.

Good luck fishing gents. Any questions please let me know.

Best,

Steven Tamez
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Don't "NEED" a pic... but always like to see one like that, if you can share
2833-34497

Post by 2833-34497 »

Lake Sonoma is my backyard lake and would love to see the pic of the record from it. I believe you though just would love to see the pic!
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

Gents

Here you go boys

Steve
Attachments
1528259665149957432076.jpg
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

Another picture
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

This is the one on March 21st 1991
Attachments
15282601335351694420212.jpg
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

1990, My appologies my friends
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

Guys,

If you need more confirmation ask Bill Cox (F&G). He wieghed the fish and confirmed the size and weight. He took a scale from the fish and verified it was the first 200 planted from lake berryessa to lake Somoma.

Any questions let me know,

Steve
2833-34497

Post by 2833-34497 »

Steve Tamez wrote:Guys,

If you need more confirmation ask Bill Cox (F&G). He wieghed the fish and confirmed the size and weight. He took a scale from the fish and verified it was the first 200 planted from lake berryessa to lake Somoma.

Any questions let me know,

Steve
Thank you and cool stuff to know, like didn't know they came from Berryessa and I'd heard of the record weigh, but never length and girth measurements of the fish!
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

Guys

If someone does break the record someday I would like to know and congratulate them. That fish had another fish next to her the same size when I caught her. There are more out there. Great fishing and catch a big one.

Best,

Steve
LakeportBait&Tackle

Post by LakeportBait&Tackle »

Hi Guys,
In regards to Clear Lake...
We have a mount and photo at the shop from February 1990. It weighed in at 17.52. To my knowledge it has not been beat. I can add more info in the morning if you're interested. LMK

Sandy
Steve Tamez

Post by Steve Tamez »

Last thing,

All bass have a genetic origin. This Bass has 70 scales on its lateral line. It was defiantly a hybrid Florida strain.

Largemouth Bass. In the past, scale counting was a valid way to identify Florida bass. A pure Northern Strain Largemouth will have between 67-69 scales located on its lateral line. A Florida bass may have between 70-73 lateral line scales.

ST
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@Lakeport ...
We're interested... more info please.

@Steve
Thanks for sharing the pic!