Need New Trolling Motor and Help With Electrical If Possible

Daniel Rodriguez

Need New Trolling Motor and Help With Electrical If Possible

Post by Daniel Rodriguez »

My trolling motor just burnt out on me... When it stopped working I noticed that the positive lead was really hot. Sooo I'm assuming that it burnt out. Would like to purchase another minn kota and am also looking for someone who knows electrical that would be willing to help me clean up the rats nest under the wood. (Of Course I'll Pay You) Need somebody who knows what there doing and would be down to help me out til the job is finished.
Details would inculde:
Running new wire
Helping me figure out how to hook up the lights so I can night fish
And just anything else that looks like it should be re-done

BUT MOSTLY LOOKING FOR NEW TROLLING MOTOR so please dont shy away because of the electrical part
FlippinDbombs

Re: Need New Trolling Motor and Help With Electrical If Possible

Post by FlippinDbombs »

Check your in line breaker if you have obebthwir should be a 50 breaker by the batteries or under the bow deck if the go bad it will burn your motor out my old motorguide went up in flames it’s a 6 dollar fuse and two screws very easy to fix
Daniel Rodriguez

Post by Daniel Rodriguez »

FlippinDbombs wrote:Check your in line breaker if you have obebthwir should be a 50 breaker by the batteries or under the bow deck if the go bad it will burn your motor out my old motorguide went up in flames it’s a 6 dollar fuse and two screws very easy to fix
I have a 1983 Sea nymph (basically look like an old bass tracker) but I dont think it has that fuse... but I will check when I get home.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

FlippinDbombs wrote:Check your in line breaker if you have obebthwir should be a 50 breaker by the batteries or under the bow deck if the go bad it will burn your motor out my old motorguide went up in flames it’s a 6 dollar fuse and two screws very easy to fix
My thoughts exactly, i would start by checking the continuity of the fuse to the TM then the resistance \ voltage to the plug wires before shelling out for a new TM. I hope you find someone who can help you go through it and clean it up!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
rjt18b

Post by rjt18b »

After you get any electrical problems sorted out: ULTREX!
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

rjt18b wrote:After you get any electrical problems sorted out: ULTREX!
Agree!
Trace

Post by Trace »

Where are you located?
Tracy