Need guide fixed on Dobyns rod near Delta

TRIXGOTAFISH

Need guide fixed on Dobyns rod near Delta

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Instead of paying shipping back and forth to Dobyns i may be out fishing the Delta this Thurs and was hoping maybe a local shop could repair/re-epoxy my guide back on ( 3rd guide from the tip) while i was out on the water and pick it back up at the end of the day.

I typically launch out of Orwood or Russo's since i'm from the Fremont area but am open to other areas w/in reason.
jaybird

Re: Need guide fixed on Dobyns rod near Delta

Post by jaybird »

Dobyns will send you a guide replacement for free in the mail ( same thing happened to me )
Call Jaime at Creative Sports in Pleasant Hill, he does a great job! (fast turnaround)
Hopefully that is not to far for you.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

jaybird wrote:Dobyns will send you a guide replacement for free in the mail ( same thing happened to me )
Call Jaime at Creative Sports in Pleasant Hill, he does a great job! (fast turnaround)
Hopefully that is not to far for you.
Thanks for the reply and my bad i should have been more clear.....i was able to save the guide itself and so i just need the old epoxy removed and the guide re-threaded and epoxied back on (if that's the process i've honestly never done one myself and although i could handle the job i don't have the necessary materials on hand to do so)

Pleasant Hill is a bit far for me.......hoping something closer to the Delta near one of the marinas
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Call your local tackle shop. Most of them will have a wrapper they'll recommend. We'll be happy to repair if all else fails. THX!!!
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

Not sure if ur new to the game or just been fortunate enough not to break an eye off but the 2 part expoxy used is a slow cure process that takes 24 hours to cure if u wanted it fixed like the factory. U can drop off ur rod at Dans delta outdoors or hook line and sinker both in Oakley and turn around is 7-10 days. Will look exactly like factory. Good luck :AVG.JOE custom rods
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y