Breaking down the Delta..

TravisH

Breaking down the Delta..

Post by TravisH »

Here’s an awesome feature that really helps eliminate water. This time of year I’m a big fan of punchin on the Delta an we all know that there are some long stretches of good looking banks to punch, but now with the capability to color code a specific Fishin Range I can key in on exactly where I want to be. For example, I prefer to punch in 3-6’ of water with current So I’ve colored that range in Green an anything shallower I’ve colored in Red. In doing this I stay away from the Red an key in on the green an the nice thing about this feature is it color codes the whole water way your on so you can scroll around an look for other areas the resemble the areas where you are catching fish. Give it a try, it’s another easy way to make your time on the water more efficient..#Navionics
Attachments
F3DB0F7F-F2D6-4356-A73E-1951D84EDB26.jpeg
db220

Re: Breaking down the Delta..

Post by db220 »

I’d love to be able to do that but I’ve never figured out how to do it on my HDS Touch 7. Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do this?
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

Great tip. Thanks.
Are you doing that with the Navionics App or online or using Navionics on your depth finder?
Ranger519v

Post by Ranger519v »

I too would like some instructions on how to do this. HDS gen 3
Bob
===========================================
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

This an awesome new feature! To answer some of your questions, it is only available on the app.
Tyler Brinks
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Hi there guys! What you see here was done using the Navionics mobile App. You can get this App for your IPhone or Android phone or Tablet through the App Store on your device.

Travis Huckaby
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@Ranger519

We asked Tyler to make a quick vid to walk you through this... here it is.

Hope it helps.

db220

Post by db220 »

Thanks for the video!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Glad you enjoyed!
Ranger519v

Post by Ranger519v »

Yes, thank you for the video. However, I'd much rather see this feature on my Lowrance than have to be using both my smart phone and graph simultaneously.
Bob
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

TravisH wrote:Here’s an awesome feature that really helps eliminate water. This time of year I’m a big fan of punchin on the Delta an we all know that there are some long stretches of good looking banks to punch, but now with the capability to color code a specific Fishin Range I can key in on exactly where I want to be. For example, I prefer to punch in 3-6’ of water with current So I’ve colored that range in Green an anything shallower I’ve colored in Red. In doing this I stay away from the Red an key in on the green an the nice thing about this feature is it color codes the whole water way your on so you can scroll around an look for other areas the resemble the areas where you are catching fish. Give it a try, it’s another easy way to make your time on the water more efficient..#Navionics
Does it adjust for tides?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Hi there Mark, no it will not adjust to the tides.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

How does my phone know how deep the water is where I am currently fishing at any lake on the day I am fishing it ? Unless you could somehow set the current lake level, this "App" is pretty much inaccurate !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Hey there Mitch.. Well the good news is the mobile app has a feature called Water level adjustment.. you can adjust your water level anytime from +50’ to -150’ , So you can make the adjustment anytime to have accurate mapping with fluctuating water levels...

Travis Huckaby
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

TravisH wrote:Hi there Mark, no it will not adjust to the tides.
Drat! Hahaha
Thanks Travis.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bpettus2

Post by Bpettus2 »

Very helpful not just for the delta. Fishing that body of water is a bucket list item for sure .
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

That’s for sure... Thank you