Service at C&C Marine Modesto

Service at C&C Marine Modesto

Post by 392 »

Had an issue with my Yamaha HPDI losing rpm at top end. Took it in to Greg Tuesday afternoon and within 2 hours had it diagnosed and by the end of the day it was repaired. Kudos to Greg and the staff great service.
Whoopbass

Re: Service at C&C Marine Modesto

Post by Whoopbass »

My experience at C&C has been the opposite.
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

I have also had the opposite experience
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
calmac

Post by calmac »

Greg has always done me right. All the folks at C&C have been great. I drag my boat up from Dinuba to have my service done. Thanks C&C
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

I have all of my service done by Greg at C&C Marine, and I feel like I have been done right and treated fairly.
Buy my oil, fuel additives and any other Merc / Ranger supplies there, and have never had a bad experience.
I would not hesitate to recommend C&C for any service.
rjt18b

Post by rjt18b »

I tow from Pleasanton. Last 2 annual services done while I wait. Home by 1:00. Wish they were closer, but will continue to have my service and repair done there!
BassNCop

Post by BassNCop »

Greg is one of the best marine mechanics around. Marine mechanics are a rare breed and very very busy. I have been taking my boats for service and repairs at C & C Marine in Modesto for many many years now. I wouldn't let anyone but Greg touch my boat.

Harry Markarian
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Glad some had a good experience with C&C. I did not. Took boat in running well for routine maintenance. Came out running bad. Took it back and gave em a chance to get it right. Still werent able to figure out what theyd messed up. Luckily another area shop was able to fix C&C’s mistake.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

TonyM wrote:Glad some had a good experience with C&C. I did not. Took boat in running well for routine maintenance. Came out running bad. Took it back and gave em a chance to get it right. Still werent able to figure out what theyd messed up. Luckily another area shop was able to fix C&C’s mistake.
If Livermore is in any way convenient geographically give Boatmasters a try. I've been going to them for 30 years. Mike and Drew really know their stuff and always stand by their work. It's also a good place to buy oil in bulk, saves $. Plus they understand the need for tournament fishermen to get their boat back and tend to give bassers priority.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Richard. Greg and C and C Marine have always done me right, as has Boatmasters. The South Valley is pretty fortunate! Dan
Last edited by DanIsaac on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Greg quoted me 2-2.5 hrs to install a manual jackplate. Jeremy at the other C&C location quoted me 1 hr.
Greg replaced a part under warranty and my motor was still not running right. Since my motor is not a Merc he didn't want to look at it anymore and referred me to Jeremy.
Greg billed me for 12-14 hrs (can't remember) to install a new motor on my boat that was pretty much a bare hull.
From my experience Greg is slow and you will pay more if you take anything to him.

Jeremy in Sac is a better mechanic but half the work he performed on my boat has failed in the past year. The kicker was that I almost lost my $20K motor a week ago. The two top nuts holding my jackplate on the transom fell off and the bottom two were loose. I informed Greg about it and his was response was "what do you want us to do". I spent $2500 between both locations last year and you couldn't even spend 1/2 hr to put the damn thing back on to keep a customer happy. Team C&C my azz.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Last time I used C&C , I towed my boat from Florida and had C&C convert my Mercury outboard from Gas to Propane.
She's still running good and used every few days.
I know it was a different job than most they do but they got with the factory made sure of parts and did a very good job.

Thanks guys
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

I haven't (since 1989-90) and wouldn't trust my boat in the hands of anybody else. I have ALWAYS been treated professional, and the staff has went above and beyond many, many times. The service I have received at C&C over the years is one of the major reasons I purchased a new boat from them a few years back. Just my .02
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.