Hook Line & Sinker Open Team Shootout

fishin4life

Hook Line & Sinker Open Team Shootout

Post by fishin4life »

This is an awesome 2day event that the Hook dose every year. Its $250 all in including bigfish and jackpot options. Again for this yea they are giving away custom buckles to the winning anglers. This should be a fun event, look forward to seeing everyone out there.
Attachments
OpenFlyer.jpg
ncloutier136

Re: Hook Line & Sinker Open Team Shootout

Post by ncloutier136 »

Is there a off limits period?
fishin4life

Post by fishin4life »

there is no off limits period
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

Is this a 100% payback, If Not, How much of the anglers money are you keeping?
fishin4life

Post by fishin4life »

Top'r wrote:Is this a 100% payback, If Not, How much of the anglers money are you keeping?
Aside from tournament cost. Permits, Insurance, trophy's, etc everything else will be paid back to the angler. 100% paybacks are almost impossible with cost and it takes to run an event. And one off tournaments are not on the radar to receive sponsor money.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Top'r wrote:Is this a 100% payback, If Not, How much of the anglers money are you keeping?
You ain’t winnin anyways so what’s it to ya?! :lol:
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

Joe L.= Why would you say something like that to me. I've never heard of you, and you don't know me, or know of how many checks I've cashed.
I do however expect an apology.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Top'r wrote:Joe L.= Why would you say something like that to me. I've never heard of you, and you don't know me, or know of how many checks I've cashed.
Sorry buddy, didn’t realize you’d take that seriously or personally? Didn’t mean to offend you. It was sarcasm and joking around. None of us here know who you are cause we don’t know your name. I’ll be fishing the Hook open so we can see who cash’s the biggest check.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

The whining now days. Will be there as well.
jg

Post by jg »

Top'r wrote:Joe L.= Why would you say something like that to me. I've never heard of you, and you don't know me, or know of how many checks I've cashed.
How about you apologizing to the Hook line an sinker for hinting at them keeping the anglers money. If you have not figured the game out yet it takes someones time and effort to put on these tournaments. If you don't want a group or organization to get money from a pot then organize your own tourney's that just put money in a hat and split the winnings.
Tonydatiger

Post by Tonydatiger »

Can someone post the rules? For example how many fish per day, max number of anglers per boat, and anything else.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Tonydatiger wrote:Can someone post the rules? For example how many fish per day, max number of anglers per boat, and anything else.
Should be a team derby, 2 people and 5 fish limit. fishin4life will have the answers.
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

Woah
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

When I wrote my original question on the reply to this post, it was after I looked back at last years results to see that only the weights of the 22 boats were listed. No mention of the money paid out, and then reading the Flyer for this year stating only Top 5 would be paid. I simply wanted clarity, which I did not get.
Of course I know it cost money to hold a tournament, I wanted to know if I'm fishing for 90%, 80%, 70% or half of the money I've paid in to compete.
I've gotten to the age now that I won't simply throw my money into any organization unless I see both clarity, and accountability.

Joe L. Thank you for your reply, we're good.
fishin4life

Post by fishin4life »

Top'r wrote:When I wrote my original question on the reply to this post, it was after I looked back at last years results to see that only the weights of the 22 boats were listed. No mention of the money paid out, and then reading the Flyer for this year stating only Top 5 would be paid. I simply wanted clarity, which I did not get.
Of course I know it cost money to hold a tournament, I wanted to know if I'm fishing for 90%, 80%, 70% or half of the money I've paid in to compete.
I've gotten to the age now that I won't simply throw my money into any organization unless I see both clarity, and accountability.

Joe L. Thank you for your reply, we're good.
last years event was ran at 100% payback, and we lost money. Also there is no way to know a percentage of what we are paying back until the boats show up. The more boats that show up the more we can payback, Simple. This Tournament is a team event and It is a 5 fish limit. If you guys have any more questions or something clarifed call the shop. (925) 625 2441
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

You stated "percentage of payback isn't determined until you see how many boats show up". Then you stated "simple"!! Well, a payback % is usually figured before the event.. So if ur payback is 80%,Doesn't matter if "1" boat shows or "22" you still payback 80%.."simple". Right?? I am a tournament director and planned on fishing the event.. So before driving a couple hours to sign up, I would also like to know the % of payback and entry..."simple"!! C YA saturday
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

WOW!!! From your reply it is obvious that you do NOT know what you are doing. Perhaps you should ask some of the local tournament organizations how it's done. This is EXACTLY the reason why I asked the questions that I did at the start of this posting.
I'm sure you'll get a few uneducated people to blindly give away their money, not knowing what to expect in return. But, it won't be me.
I'll be 60 years old pretty soon. I remember buying my first Curado from the original Hook @ Big Break. I've been tournament fishing longer than most of you have been alive. I've cashed plenty of checks over the years, and have also had my share of beat downs at the weigh in.
My wish is that you get it right.

PS... this would never have happened under Gene's watch.
Joeshmo

Post by Joeshmo »

Top'r wrote:WOW!!! From your reply it is obvious that you do NOT know what you are doing. Perhaps you should ask some of the local tournament organizations how it's done. This is EXACTLY the reason why I asked the questions that I did at the start of this posting.
I'm sure you'll get a few uneducated people to blindly give away their money, not knowing what to expect in return. But, it won't be me.
I'll be 60 years old pretty soon. I remember buying my first Curado from the original Hook @ Big Break. I've been tournament fishing longer than most of you have been alive. I've cashed plenty of checks over the years, and have also had my share of beat downs at the weigh in.
My wish is that you get it right.

PS... this would never have happened under Gene's watch.

Just because none of us know who you are and can’t hold you accountable for your insulting blasphemy, doesn’t give you the right to express your feelings in this manner. I’m fishing this tournament and so are many more, that makes us uneducated? This shows your lack ability to express yourself in an educated manner. I’m sure over the years of you cashing in all those checks and fishing the pro circuits, not all were 100% payback. You don’t have to fish this tournament, or shop at HLS but don’t bash and insult them, that’s not right. The HLS Team Tournaments on Sundays at the delta draw 60-90 boats every tournament and are a lot of fun, well run by the crew. Times change, businesses are sold and bought out, fishing tournaments have changed, people cycle in and out, that doesn’t mean we can’t adapt to the changes in our life and hobbies within. I have nothing bad to say about you or them but the people of HLS are great and so is the business. HLS, the people of westernbass, and myself all deserve an apology. Or, show up and fish this tournament like the pro you are.
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

Joeshmo: Not sure why you are so mad at me. I wanted simple answers from the Hook on the % of the payout. Their reply is they have No Way of knowing. = Uneducated. And Yes, if you throw money into this event not knowing what the possible payback could be if you finish 1st thru 5th then you are also uneducated in THIS particular situation.

You say that you want to hold me accountable for my insulting blasphemy....
At no point in any of my posts have I expressed a lack of reverence to God. " blasphemy "

Also, I have made no reference to fishing as a " Pro " That is purely your assumption.
I've not said one thing about the Hook Line & Sinker store, or the team tournaments.
Lastly,,, I don't owe you, or anyone else regarding this post an apology for asking questions, or for pointing out the flaws of this tournament beforehand.