Cabelas / Bass Pro Shops Being Sued for Selling Gun Used in Murder

WB Staff

Cabelas / Bass Pro Shops Being Sued for Selling Gun Used in Murder

Post by WB Staff »

Cabelas  Bass Pro Shops Being Sued for Selling Gun Used in Murder.png
ORRVILLE, Ohio - The family of a young man killed by his neighbor is now suing one of the nation’s largest outdoor retailers -- Cabela’s and it’s parent company, Bass Pro Shop -- alleging that they played a role in his murder.

On August 18, 2016, Paul Claren shot and killed his neighbor, 21-year-old Bryan Galliher at their apartment complex on North Ella Rd. in the town of Orrville in Wayne County.
Claren was 67 years old at the time, a convicted felon with a violent past.

The gun he used is at the center of the Galliher family’s lawsuit — an antique replica black powder revolver.

More info, photos and video at News 5: https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... n-to-felon
WB Staff

Re: Cabelas / Bass Pro Shops Being Sued for Selling Gun Used in Murder

Post by WB Staff »

Info on the trial last year...

WOOSTER — “I said, ‘Oh my God, he told me he was going to do it.’ I was just sick to my stomach.”

Those were the initial reactions of Maggie Huth, an Orrville post officer worker, who testified when she heard the news the day after Paul Claren, 68, shot and killed Bryan Galliher at the Lamplight Apartments at 930 N. Ella St., in Orrville.

Huth was one of four witnesses who took the stand Tuesday in Wayne County Common Pleas Court in Claren’s murder trial for the prosecution, which is trying to establish the shooting was actually a calculated one. The defense is claiming the shooting was self-defense.

The Orrville post officer worker said she typically would see Claren every day she delivered mail to the Lamplight Apartments. He would call her “Shorty,” and try to make her laugh.

“He was always comical and would try to tell stories all the time,” Huth testified.

But the morning of Aug. 18, 2016 (when the shooting occurred), she said that Claren was sitting on his front porch “and was very angry” as he stared at Galliher, who took out his apartment’s trash to the common dumpster.

“I thought there was going to be a fight,” Huth said.

Read the rest: http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/20 ... ith-claren