Lowrance HDS Gen3 won't come out of standby

Moderator: Ken Sauret

justfishit!

Lowrance HDS Gen3 won't come out of standby

Post by justfishit! »

I have 2 Gen 3 12" units at my console. My right unit is my main sonar/structure unit. When I put it into standby mode while running the trolling motor and graphing from the front, I can't get it to come out of standby when ready to run to my next spot. None of the buttons will pull it out of standby, I have to power off everything and restart the unit. This is a huge waste of time and a risk to my fish in the live wells. Everything has to be restarted. I sent a ticket to Lowrance but haven't heard back. Any thoughts, similar problems and solutions?
Edd

Re: Lowrance HDS Gen3 won't come out of standby

Post by Edd »

Your description points directly to a power problem. Check all your wiring, batteries, and connections. You can use a multimeter to check current at your HDS. You can also temporarily wire your HDS to a dedicated battery to see if it still happens.
justfishit!

Post by justfishit! »

That's exactly what I thought. We've checked all the power and it all seems fine. I have a Bass Boat tech dual 12 mount at my console and this one unit is the only one with the problem, nothing else on the boat or my graph at front is affected. Do you think it could be that one power cable or terminal on that unit? Maybe needs Dielectric fluid?

Zero other problems, it just won't come out of standby.
Edd

Post by Edd »

In your case just switch units left for right and see what happens.