RIP Rancho Cordova PD Officer Stasyuk

bgreen1347

RIP Rancho Cordova PD Officer Stasyuk

Post by bgreen1347 »

FB_IMG_1537325011297.jpg
Warrior. Hero. Sheepdog. There's a list of nouns to describe who we are. We use them after a triumph and again after a tragedy. The words apply, but who are they for, if WE all already know that. The general public seems to expect these posts from us. And our thoughts and photos don't even stir an emotion in most of their hearts.

So what do we do? Mourning bands can give us a united front and remind us when tragedy strikes, but they can also be a harsh reminder of the amount of pain we all feel in an overwhelming way. I can't put a blue light on the porch because mine is blue every day and always will be.

Show those who don't know us who we are. We aren't robots or clone troopers cut from a mold. We're people. Individuals. We have passions and loves and so many similarities with the people we serve that they may never take the time to know about. But that should never dissuade us.

I knew Mark Stas, but not well. I had seen him here and there at work, but I was never privileged to call him my friend. We were work acquaintances, and we saw each other in passing, however infrequently. In 2018, though, being work acquaintances with someone in law enforcement gives you a measure of trust; at least enough to be Facebook friends. While Facebook is definitely a double-edged sword, it gave me a gift in my friendship with Mark.

I got to see Mark propose and get married. I was able to see a happy man and loving husband as he honeymooned, fished, and spent time with friends, both work friends and others I didn't know.

Mark and I shared a love and a passion, as I spend all the time I can on the water chasing fish. He was one of dozens of my co-workers I haven't yet taken the opportunity to fish with, and now I can't. I wish that I could have shared some of these moments with him, but the least I can do is share them with anyone reading this post.

Warrior. Hero. Sheepdog. Yes, absolutely.

Never ever forget, though, that this man was an incredible individual.

Husband. Son. Friend. Fisherman.

RIP, Stas.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1537325164774.jpg
FB_IMG_1537325190986.jpg
WB Staff

Re: RIP Rancho Cordova PD Officer Stasyuk

Post by WB Staff »

Thank you for your post. Prayers to family.
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

RIP blue brother.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Thanks for posting this Ben. I know Stas and i had several conversations about bass in the delta and he visited this page often. I had the pleasure of working with him. He will he missed. Stas, i hope every cast in Heaven nets you a trophy!!

Charles
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

This is just terrible what happened to him. Senseless
Ben, thanks for some insight on this remarkable young man.
RIP
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Great post! Sorry for the loss to his friends and family, RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Rickbass

Post by Rickbass »

RIP Brother
steve0806

Post by steve0806 »

RIP young man and thank you for your service!
roaddog

Post by roaddog »

RIP Stasyuk...
We’ll take it from here BLUE BROTHER.
ILW

Post by ILW »

RIP