West Coast Clubs

Promod

West Coast Clubs

Post by Promod »

Outside of the WWBT who else is bringing serious money to the west coast region. Clubs everywhere with dates stacked on top of each other. 5 boats here 20-50 boats there, pay for your own purse and no major sponsors. All you need is a few groups with separate dates Pro/ Non Pro (sportsman) and Teams. Create 100-250 boat fields and quit beating the dead horses. Low entry $200 Pro $100 non pro and teams. What does anyone think about that? It just seems the West Coast can do better.
JoeLanghans

Re: West Coast Clubs

Post by JoeLanghans »

The west has FLW and Wild West, plus BBT and Future Pro, both bring a field of over 100 teams every tournament. Not to mention New Jen, ABA, River Rat, Dans Delta, HLS, Federation, Berryessa Bass, 30+ clubs, 10+ opens and more. This is just Northern California alone. Our lakes and River systems can not support any more tournaments. Especially another large circuit. The west being the liberal zone of Bass nation, does not support bass fishing, it actually wants to eradicate bass as a species to save the salmon. The west does not have any bass or fishing conservation programs, no stocking or planting bass schedules. California has limited tournament hours for 4 months of the year and Southern California restricts when you can or can’t fish by days of the week. Did I mention the yearly luxury tax to own a boat in California, how bout all the Quagga inspections?

My point to this is that we do not need more tournaments and we are currently over capacity, just like the roads, housing, water, etc. Turn the west Blue and BASS will come along with MLF! Joe Langhans for president 8)
Promod

Post by Promod »

My point was to reduce the number of groups and consolidate them into a few with large fields and sponsorship money and less out of the pockets of the anglers.
JoeLanghans wrote:The west has FLW and Wild West, plus BBT and Future Pro, both bring a field of over 100 teams every tournament. Not to mention New Jen, ABA, River Rat, Dans Delta, HLS, Federation, Berryessa Bass, 30+ clubs, 10+ opens and more. This is just Northern California alone. Our lakes and River systems can not support any more tournaments. Especially another large circuit. The west being the liberal zone of Bass nation, does not support bass fishing, it actually wants to eradicate bass as a species to save the salmon. The west does not have any bass or fishing conservation programs, no stocking or planting bass schedules. California has limited tournament hours for 4 months of the year and Southern California restricts when you can or can’t fish by days of the week. Did I mention the yearly luxury tax to own a boat in California, how bout all the Quagga inspections?

My point to this is that we do not need more tournaments and we are currently over capacity, just like the roads, housing, water, etc. Turn the west Blue and BASS will come along with MLF! Joe Langhans for president 8)
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Promod wrote:Outside of the WWBT who else is bringing serious money to the west coast region. Clubs everywhere with dates stacked on top of each other. 5 boats here 20-50 boats there, pay for your own purse and no major sponsors. All you need is a few groups with separate dates Pro/ Non Pro (sportsman) and Teams. Create 100-250 boat fields and quit beating the dead horses. Low entry $200 Pro $100 non pro and teams. What does anyone think about that? It just seems the West Coast can do better.
In my opinion. I can only think of 1 body of water that can handle 250 boats in northern CA. I don't have a problem with all the orgs, I just wish they would get together and schedule their tournaments on the different days.
Dobyns Rods
Trace

Post by Trace »

I believe it comes down to money. If an organization takes a % of the entry fees for their cut or expenses 10 to 50 % of $200 to 1600 is a lot more than $100 to 200. I have heard Td's say that the prize $ is what draws anglers. I have seen tournaments for $50 to 80 draw 200 boats. I believe that the BFL would work here and would be that circuit. But, FLW said at the time that west coast anglers wanted a pro level circuit here in the west so they stepped up to the series. It has been great having that here. Too bad we don't have both like they do back east. We would have to bring up the numbers so they would want to bring BFL back. I am glad we still have enough options so we can compete most every weekend and get to support only the orgs we want to. It's still a good time for bass fishing. Just not as good as it used to be were for $350 entry a boat was given away on Sunday or when BASS awarded 3 boats on Oroville.
Commando

Post by Commando »

Hey ProMod, you run a clutch or a converter in that boat .
Promod

Post by Promod »

Commando wrote:Hey ProMod, you run a clutch or a converter in that boat .
Lockup converter and I slip it for 2.3 seconds then it’s 1:1 from there.