MORE MLF converts

Turkeyman

MORE MLF converts

Post by Turkeyman »

So far I've seen releases from Tim Horton, Skeet Reese, Kelly Jordan and Zack Birge. Who will be next?
Robchik

Re: MLF converts

Post by Robchik »

> Skeet Reese

> Marty Robinson

> Zack Birge

> JT Kenney

> Greg Hackney

> Jason Lambert

> Chris Lane

> Alton Jones Jr.

> Randall Tharp

> Gerald Spohrer

> Fletcher Shryock

> Dave Lefebre

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/937 ... 6q2i2hKiUk
http://www.robchik.com
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I love watching Major League Fishing. It's the most intense competition I've ever witnessed. If you're not familiar with it every fish is weighed and released immediately and every fisherman knows the exact weight that all other fishermen have in the event in real time. On top of that where they are fishing is kept a secret until the last minute and if you can't get on the fish quickly, you're in big trouble. Also, the amount of money anyone is winning is never discussed. These are just a few of the rules that are used, there are many others.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Jacob Wheeler
Ending weeks of silence and drama, Jacob Wheeler said on his WFLIVE special on Wednesday night that he's decided to join MLF and leave BASS after an unsuccessful two-year quest for the championship he covets. (September 26)

WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Keith Poche

I’m thankful to have had the opportunity to fish the Bassmaster Elite Series for the past 9 years, but I now have an opportunity to take my career in a different direction. I feel like this is the best move for me, my family and my sponsors. I’ll be fishing Major League Fishing in 2019.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Cody Meyer

It’s time to make it official... I am SUPER EXCITED to announce that I will be starting a new chapter in my life with Major League Fishing! I am humbled, honored for this amazing opportunity and can’t wait for 2019! I want to personally thank FLW for making me the person I am today and for the opportunities they have given me! It’s time to embrace the past and ATTACK THE FUTURE! MLF, here we go!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Brent Chapman was live with a big announcement! We’re thrilled that he is on the MLF team for 2019
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Justin Atkins

Well 2019 is going to be full of changes and I’m proud to say I’m going to be apart of some of them. I’ll be fishing majorleaguefishingofficial next year! Thank you to flwfishing for helping me start my career, that family will always be special to me! Thank you everyone for the continued support!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Scott Suggs

After a lot of thought and consideration, I am pumped to announce I will be fishing the new Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour in 2019. I owe a lifetime of THANKS to my friends at FLW for allowing me to fish their circuit and build my career for the last 13 years. They have a top notch organization and I wish them all the best in the years to come. I madethis decision after careful consideration of what is best for my family and my sponsors. As a MLF Select Pro, I have seen first hand where they can and plan to take the sport. Their media platform is incredible and
their focus on conservation will help ensure the resource is protected for
our future anglers. I can’t wait for 2019. It is going to be fun, exciting and unlike anything the sport of bass fishing has seen before. Its about to get real!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Ott DeFoe to MLF

Roy Hawk to MLF

Alton Jones Sr. to MLF

Michael Neal
The last 7 years of my professional career have been great, but I am really looking forward to the future. I am super proud to finally announce that I have been invited to @majorleaguefishingofficial and have accepted the invitation for the 2019 season!

Jeff Kriet
I’ve never been so excited about bass fishing!! Thanks to #Majorleaguefishing for be a leader in the sport!!! More exposure (800+ hours of television) big payouts, best fisherman!!!! Let’s get 2019 started now!! Let’s get it on!!!!

John Murray on MLF
This is a no- brainer for me, for a couple reasons:
1. Gary Klein, Boyd Duckett and all the board members have a vision that I’ve always shared and I believe will happen!
2. I have a 9yr old ( and all his friends), the true next generation of bass fishermen who ask me everyday- “ Dad when are you going to fish MLF?”
Well, that day is today, and whether it’s a Saturday jackpot derby or $100k tourney- I’m ready to get on the lake and fish!!!

Andy Montgomery
I’m excited to announce I will be fishing Major League Fishing full time for the foreseeable future. MLF has already had a significant impact on my career. After some lengthy conversations with myself it became obvious MLF was the place for me. Thanks for all the support!
jiggin4bass

Re: MORE MLF converts

Post by jiggin4bass »

Why doesn't MLF wait to announce all 80 pro anglers too sign on with them and then have one hugh media day with the anglers. Instead of here and there reporting.Bring in all major sponsors along with the anglers invite the public and make a big day of it. Host a big media day at the springfield mo. BassProShop.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Congrats to Cody Meyer for the move! Can't wait to watch him on MLF next season!
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Will losing all these great anglers to BPT/MLF water down the accomplishments called the Bassmasters Classic and the Forrest Wood Cup?
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

With all these Bassmaster Elites Going to MLF, is there going to be a Elite Series anymore? I have seen on blogs, posts, instagram, facebook 20 or more Pros making the switch.. A lot of big names...
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

On MLF. com has a interview from Bass Zone with Boyd Duckett just hit the article Anglers announce their commitment to MLF then strole the article.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

David Walker

I have been a fulltime professional angler since the fall of 1998. As my career approaches the 20-year mark, I’ve had the privilege to fish in just about every major organization or tournament that has come down the pike -- from BASS to FLW to the PAA to the TTBC. Over the last few years, I had relegated myself to the fact that maybe pro bass fishing’s “glory days “ were behind it. The pinnacle had been reached the plateau had occurred , the good old days of the excitement of what would be announced as the next “ big plan” to introduce more more people to our sport. Bigger and better payouts were created, while the organizations dueled for the attention of the sponsors, anglers & the fans. But it seemed like instead these “good old days” were gone.

What has transpired over the last month in pro fishing is something that I honestly thought I would never see again. In short, Major League Fishing has come on the scene and rocked the foundations. MLF has delivered a wake up call like no other. In just the last three weeks anglers have received the biggest payout raise in their career without even making a cast. Schedules were changed, payouts were changed, entry fees were changed, & field sizes were changed. All positive steps that have helped everyone who is or aspires to be a professional angler. MLF’s role in making this happen cannot be denied. And that is just one of the reasons I’ll be joining MLF Pro Bass Tour next season as they embark in this historic move.

Am I apprehensive about this move? Absolutely. It’s a big decision for me and many others. Also, I’ve made my career fishing for five fish – five of the biggest fish I can catch in a tournament day. MLF rewards numbers of fish. I get it. But what drives pros is the next challenge!
As I mentioned, I’ve fished everything that has come along in the last 20 years…except MLF. And the competitor in me is ready for a new challenge, a new format, a new energy, a new era.
#bassprotour Major League Fishing
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Cliff Crochet

Change can be good but also scary at the same time. A lot people have been asking me what my plans are for next year. B.A.S.S has been the only tournament trail I have known and I am for thankful to everyone there for my 9 amazing years fishing the Elite series. This decision was not easy, but I am going to fish the MLF Bass Pro Tour next year. It is going to be an exciting time fishing a new format and I am honored for the opportunity. Thank you to all my fans and sponsors for their support. Major League Fishing
Morph808

Post by Morph808 »

Even Greg Hackney joined the exodus. To me, he will be the odds on favorite at every event. The man is a BEAST!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Russ Lane

Sometimes in life we get in a rut and it seems like we need a change. The last few years I have to admit that’s where I have been. The sport had gotten stale and with all of the continuous cutbacks I just lost a little bit of the desire. All of the sudden we started hearing rumors of a Major League Fishing expansion and the fans, pros and industry began to buzz. Everyone was excited because there was a chance that the sport we all love could possibly go to another level. That day has finally come and my desire to compete has returned tenfold. I’m accepting my invitation to fish against some of the best and most passionate anglers in the world on the Major League Fishing / Bass Pro Tour! There are quite a few other anglers that are probably more deserving of an invite than myself so I am truly thankful to be a part of it. I’m going to be fishing against an 80 man field that was chosen because of their abilities, accomplishments and passion for the sport of bass fishing. I know that we will have our differences at times but I’m confident that this group will all be pulling the rope in the same direction to take fishing to a whole new level. Plans for grass roots involvement, lesser or no entry fees, and constant innovation are all in the works. I see a day in the near future where a young man with the talent and desire to be a professional angler will no longer have the excuse that lack of money is keeping him from following his dream. The precedent will be set and this sport will go to a level that we may not have ever thought possible. I have to thank my family, friends and followers for always being there. Thanks to all of my sponsors that are taking this chance with me. And thanks to BASS for their more than generous offer to encourage me to stay. No one knows what the future holds but I feel damn confident that we are all better off now. Looking forward to lighting up that score tracker!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Brandon Coulter

Been blessed to start my career with FLW. Then qualified for BASS and achieved my childhood dream of fishing the Bassmaster Classic. I want to thank both organizations but the time has come to move on to what I truly believe to be the future of the sport: Major League Fishing. Let’s Roll!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Edwin Evers

I’ve been at this just over 20 years, and I’m thankful for all the people and the organizations that have brought me to where I am today. I’ve experienced some of the greatest honors bass fishing has to offer, and I’m excited as I look forward to an even brighter future for all of fishing. I hope my brothers in this fraternity we call pro fishing will realize that we’ve never had a greater opportunity than we have right now, and that I’ve seen more positive change in the last two weeks than I have in the past 20 years. It’s a chance for us to finally control our own destiny, and at the end of the day, you have to decide whether you want to be the bass or you want to be the shad. I want to be the bass. I’m excited about 2019 and our future fishing Major League Fishing next year.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Jacob Powroznik

Well, I’m ready to jump into the next phase of my career. MLF, I’m ready to have the time of my life. I want to thank BASS for the opportunities I’ve been given. I will always be grateful.
Major League Fishing
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I just realized that with the addition of MLF that will allow lower level tournament anglers to move up in the ranks and achieve their dreams. My guess is some guys move from FLW into the Elite circuit and other guys move up into FLW. I can see a guy like Bryan Thrift become even more dominant in FLW than he already is. All in all really good for the sport of bass fishing, IMO.
Last edited by monte300 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Aaron Martens just announced he will be moving over.

GMan - Gerald Swindle - just announced his move into MLF

When will KVD make his announcement?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Thanx for the update Ash... was wondering when some of the Westerners were going to announce like Aaron, MDJ, Ish etc.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Takahiro Omori

I wanted to announce that I will be fishing Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour for 2019. I want to thank all my fans and sponsors for their support over the years. I couldn’t have done it without you. Thanks to B.A.S.S. for giving me the opportunity to build my career. I look forward a great future with MLF.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

ash wrote:Aaron Martens just announced he will be moving over.

GMan - Gerald Swindle - just announced his move into MLF

When will KVD make his announcement?
All three have been very successful with MLF so far and the format really fits Martens and KVD's styles.
milehi

Post by milehi »

Betting KVD stays
monte300

Post by monte300 »

milehi wrote:Betting KVD stays
I'll be shocked if KVD chooses Elite over MLF. However, if he has his sights set on a fifth Bassmasters Classic he will stay. With all the big names leaving BASS a fifth Bassmasters Classic title might require an asterisk next to it.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Brett Hite Fishing

For the last 18 years I have fished at the tour level with B.A.S.S. and FLW. There is a lot of great thing happening in our sport! I have had the stressful opportunity of making a decision on which direction to take my career. I want to thank ever organization, sponsors, my family, and my fans that have been behind me all the way. After a lot of sleepless night I have made a decision that I believe is the best for me, my family, and sponsors for the 2019 season. THAT DECISION IS THAT I WILL FISH THE MLF BASS PRO TOUR!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I love it.

Got to watch MLF fish a lake that I have tournaments on. It was great watching them pick spots and baits on water that I know. :D

No live well, just catch, weigh and release. Got to be better for the fish.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Fred Roumbanis to MLF
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Bobby Lane
There ya have it! Major League Fishing
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Terry "Big Show" Scroggins

Been a stressful couple of weeks trying to make the toughest decision of my career, but I’m excited to announce I’ll be heading to fish the MLF Bass Pro Tour in 2019. MLF has changed the game the past few months and the future of professional bass fishing has never been brighter, no matter what Tour you are fishin.

I can’t thank B.A.S.S. and the people that make up the company enough for the platform and opportunities they’ve given me over my 16 year career. It wasn’t an easy decision and I’m grateful for everything. Thanks to my fans and sponsors for the continued support... I’m excited to see what the future holds - let’s hammer down! Major League Fishing
tailhook

Post by tailhook »

Looks like Jared Lintner as well. If Ish, MDJ and Ehrler go, that would retract my entire motivation for following the Elites.

Anyone know the MLF/BPT schedule for 2019? Or has it not been released yet? I hope some western waters are on the list.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Mark Davis

It’s decision time I’m definitely going MLF .
I’ve been a pro touring angler for 33 years and I’m like a little kid at Christmas .
I can’t wait to get the Bass Pro Tour started
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@tailhook

Gary Klein going live in a few min, maybe he will release more info? he said this...

I will be on Facebook live in 20 minutes at 6:00pm CST from Table Rock Lake. Lets discuss the future!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

KVD on FB live now

Confirming he is moving to MLF
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Shaw Grigsby

To infinity and beyond !!
#majorleaguefishing
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Mark Rose

After much prayer and communication with my sponsors, I wanted to announce that I will be fishing Major League Fishing’s Bass Pro Tour next year. I am looking forward to this new chapter in my career! This is more than just a new trail, it’s an exciting new movement in our sport that I am honored to be a part of. This will also bring new outdoor ministry opportunities that I am looking forward to...my heartbeat!

I want to thank FLW and all of it’s fans, sponsors and anglers. It’s been a wonderful 19 years!
I will continue to support FLW Outdoors...great organization!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

James Elam

Flashback to 2014 B.A.S.S. Elite event on the Delaware River. This was a make or break tournament for me. I was dead broke and had nothing left. If I didn’t make a check at this tournament I wouldn’t be where I am today. Hopefully some of the positive changes that we are seeing happen in the sport will help out the young aspiring anglers like myself. I’ve had a lot of great times and great memories fishing the Bassmaster Elite Series for the last 6 years that I will never forget. I’ve learned a lot about life and a lot about myself in that time. I’m thankful for the platform they provided for me to compete on. I have made my decision to compete on the MLF PBT in 2019 and beyond. I am ready for what the future holds and a positive change for everyone involved in the sport no matter where you fish or what you do.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Dean Rojas Pro Angler

I am proud to announce that I will be competing on the Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour in 2019! I would like to wish the best to all of my fellow professional anglers competing on the three major tours in the coming years.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Randy Howell to MLF
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Luke Clausen to MLF
Attachments
42675739_1953391581412838_1709872857594462208_n.jpg
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Jonathon VanDam

Looking forward to 2019. It’s going to be a big year! Major League Fishing Bass Pro Shops
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Greg Vinson
Steph and I never could have imagined where this sport would take us. I have been so blessed to have had the opportunity to fish with my Dad in small local tournaments, then FLW (BFL, Stren, Series, Tour), BASS (Nation, Opens, Elites) and PAA. I am truly grateful to the staff of all the organizations and for the many friends that I have made in the process. Each level has been very challenging! We never would have found out what we could accomplish without challenging ourselves or taking some risks. The water/ride has not always been smooth. There have been successes and failures along the way. Faith has carried us through all.

Sunsets after a long day of fishing are a great cap to a day of excitement, but sunrise is truly spectacular! When darkness gives way to light, anyone who has fished knows the feeling of excitement, nervousness, and anticipation that comes with a new day on the water and a new challenge. Today is a new day for me as an angler. I'm very excited to be a part of Major League Fishing and begin another chapter as an angler
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Mike McClelland Professional Bass Angler

I’ve been fishing professionally now for 20 years and I can honestly say I’m just as excited about starting this new adventure on the MLF Bass Pro Tour as I was when I fished my first tournament many years ago. I want to thank all of the organizations that have elevated my career to where it is now, BASS, FLW and many others. Everyone has to start somewhere and The MLF Bass Pro Tour is where I choose to be now. Thank you for all of your support, especially all of my amazing sponsors. Now, let’s get back to fishing!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Undecided at time of posting;
posting-undecided-mlforbass-t117517.html

Staying with B.A.S.S. or FLW announcements:
the-staying-with-announcements-start-t117515.html
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Tommy Biffle

Happy to say I am making my announcement to fish the BPT tour. I’m looking forward to growing the sport of bass fishing to much greater heights than it’s ever been. I fished bass for 34 years and wish B.A.S.S. the best of luck. I’d like to believe I’ve had a good influence on younger anglers and Co’s I’ve had over my career in B.A.S.S. and the FLW tour. I’ve been ounces away from winning multiple Classics and FLW Championships. Finished second more times than I’d like to admit. 1st would’ve been much better! That desire to win the Classic or Cup hasn’t gone away. At this point in my life and career though it’s time to move on to new things new tournaments and ideas that are run and thought out by the fishermen. In the BPT we have our own destiny in our hands. I still have a passion to win and an unquestionable competitive nature. This format like no other capitalizes on the drive and competitiveness that I still have. It’s addicting, fun, and nerve racking all at the same time. I fished the first major-league fishing tournament that was held at Amistad and it was very intense and exciting. Just a great format for a bass tournament. I like the conservation aspect of it as well. The catch and release on the spot is undoubtedly the best on the fish.
I have two little grandsons that I would like to see have an opportunity to make a good living fishing if that’s what they desired. This tour will allow them and many others that opportunity.
I am truly honored to be apart of MLF and the new BPT tour.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Todd Faircloth

Fans, Friends, and Fellow Anglers:
I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know where I stand as far as competing at the top level of our sport in 2019. For the last 18 years of my professional career, I have poured every ounce of my heart and soul into representing my fans and sponsors with integrity, consistency, and professionalism. I thank B.A.S.S. for the opportunity to compete day in and day out doing something that I am so passionate about. That being said, as we travel through this life, it comes apparent that the ONLY THING we can count on constantly is change……
After lots of prayers and much consideration, I have accepted the invitation to join Major League Fishing for the 2019 season. I feel that this decision is the best move for me both personally and professionally.
I CANNOT WAIT for the 2019 season to kick off. I feel this is a very exciting time not only for the anglers but also for the fans. I am looking forward to what the future has in store for me, my family, and this sport!

Click page two for more angler announcements here: mlf-converts-t117469-50.html