Dobyns 806 SB fury or Champion?

FeatherRivGuy

Dobyns 806 SB fury or Champion?

Post by FeatherRivGuy »

I’m new to Dobyns Rods but am liking everything I see about them. I’m going to get one in my hands this weekend and probably buy an 806SB I’m wondering what the difference is in Fury VS Champion Rods. Both have an 806. I think it’s sensitivity and I’ll be using it for mainly depps 250’s, if it’s sensitivity do I need it on a bigger SB rod? Thanks.
Gary Dobyns

Re: Dobyns 806 SB fury or Champion?

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Hi FeatherRivguy, I'm assuming you live around the twin cities somewhere with this name.

The Fury 806SB and the Champ 806 SB are similar but different. They both throw the same baits and both actions are close. The materials and guides are a lot different. If you're a die hard SB guy go with the Champion. It loads a bit better and casts a little farther. But, the 806 Fury is awesome rod and if you're not a dedicated SB guy, It'll be awesome. SB guys tend to like best and have issue paying $200-$300 for a single bait so a $260 rod is a bargain :)

We sell tons of both of these models. THX!!!!
FeatherRivGuy

Post by FeatherRivGuy »

Thanks. The rod price’s are online with today’s market. Especially with the warranty. I talked to Johnson’s bait and tackle and although they don’t do over the counter warranty exchange they said a warranty center may be opening in the area? Thank you for responding so quickly.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Yes, there will be a warranty center/Dobyns dealer on Township road. It will open soon. It's not far from Hwy 20.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

The Fury’s can be a bit too heavy, by weight of the rod, in the punch or swim bait rods. I would go with the Champion.
FeatherRivGuy

Post by FeatherRivGuy »

Thanks, I bought a Champion.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks for the business. You'll love that rod.
FeatherRivGuy

Post by FeatherRivGuy »

I got a few cast in while Salmon fishing. I didn’t hook anything but it’s well balanced. Thanks for a great product!