Tnt Jigs

dvkawboy

Tnt Jigs

Post by dvkawboy »

Does anyone know what’s up with tnt baits , are they still making Jigs ? They been hit or miss these last few months and now I can’t find them anywhere.
JoeLanghans

Re: Tnt Jigs

Post by JoeLanghans »

Tackle Warehouse has some types. Boatmasters and C&C had them last time I was there.
cdrake

Post by cdrake »

I could be wrong and I am sure someone else could tell you for sure, but it was my understanding that Cooch was an integral part of the manufacturing process.

I know it was extremely difficult to get your hands on any Wada Jig after he passed. Maybe they haven't found a replacement? Tackle Warehouse does have a few of the football and spotted bass jigs but no Wada's.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Wasn't Bobby d's jig company the manufacture of the wadda jig.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
FlippinDbombs

Post by FlippinDbombs »

Couch was behind the jig making with TNT and when he passed so did the production line I’m sure things will pick back up again but I sure do miss him
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Johnny Fain, Cooch's business partner, told me he was not going to continue selling jigs after Cooch died.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

jiggin4bass wrote:Wasn't Bobby d's jig company the manufacture of the wadda jig.
No, although the jigs are very similar in style the Wadda Arky head was different, different hooks and no rattles. Bobby D makes a great jig no denying it but they were not associated.

I hope that the Wadda jig is available to the public soon, it would be great to have that legacy carry forward. :wink:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Yes he did make some very nice jigs and i would hope some lure company in northern ca.can reproduce that same line of jigs.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Hookset5

Post by Hookset5 »

I wish someone would continue it as well. I have 5-6 wadda jigs I'm afraid to use because there aint not more! I love the jogs, best jigs I've ever used with the hand tie (never once has it frayed or deteriorated like the cheap collars do) and the rubber never becomes brittle either.
JL

Post by JL »

jiggin4bass wrote:Yes he did make some very nice jigs and i would hope some lure company in northern ca.can reproduce that same line of jigs.
Do you still market your puffball jigs?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:
jiggin4bass wrote:Wasn't Bobby d's jig company the manufacture of the wadda jig.
No, although the jigs are very similar in style the Wadda Arky head was different, different hooks and no rattles. Bobby D makes a great jig no denying it but they were not associated.

I hope that the Wadda jig is available to the public soon, it would be great to have that legacy carry forward. :wink:
I watched Cooch tie and paint a lot of jigs. He put a lot of his own "free" labor into them that the price didn't reflect. They were truly hand tied and painted.
I don't see anyone making money doing hand tied jigs today, with so many cheaper mass produced jigs on the market. :(
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

Siebert Outdoors makes a jig very similar to Wadda jig, hand tied and painted with similar weed gaurd. I don't know who is making NuTech jigs today, very different design then a Arkie style head.
We all mis Cooch
Hope mentioning the above doesn't violate site rules!
Tom
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

WRB wrote:Siebert Outdoors makes a jig very similar to Wadda jig, hand tied and painted with similar weed gaurd. I don't know who is making NuTech jigs today, very different design then a Arkie style head.
We all mis Cooch
Tom
Sorry but...Those jigs from Siebert Outdoors are nothing like the Wadda Jig or Bobby Ds. They have synthetic skirts.
WRB

Post by WRB »

JoeLanghans wrote:
WRB wrote:Siebert Outdoors makes a jig very similar to Wadda jig, hand tied and painted with similar weed gaurd. I don't know who is making NuTech jigs today, very different design then a Arkie style head.
We all mis Cooch
Tom
Sorry but...Those jigs from Siebert Outdoors are nothing like the Wadda Jig or Bobby Ds. They have synthetic skirts.
Mike makes custom jigs with whatever skirt and weed gaurd you want except hair jigs, it's an option.
Tom
FlippinDbombs

Post by FlippinDbombs »

I’m a die hard Wadda jig guy thrown them for years but I tried out canopy grenades and had them make me some swim jigs flipping jigs and football jigs and they are grade A defiantly worth checking out high quality great skirts fast turn around and the position of the line tie . I still have cases of Wanda jigs and claymores but these guys do a awesome job .
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

JL I still build the puffball jigs for a few of my friends when it tournament time but i dont sell them to them public anymore.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I think there was a formal for building wadda jigs from how many strands of round rubber used the red thread and to the eyes on the heads and mustad blk nickel flippin hook also the grade of fiber used in the fiberguards. The head is arkie style head. He spent a long time producing the right jigs and he had it down on building them for the delta.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Guys the jig can be reproduced but for a custom manufacture of hand tied jigs i wouldn't do it for the fact it would look the same right to a tee. But there still one thing that not the same the man that built them is no longer here and for that reason i think any custom jig manufacrure would not try to build them in memory of cooch. He was Mr. Delta when it was throwing his jigs.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Korny = Bob Kornhouser from 100% BASS and family used to hand tie the jigs for Andy and bunch of us. That was in the late 90's. I believe Andy and Troyce Taylor started TNT jigs soon after.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

BS'r wrote:Korny = Bob Kornhouser from 100% BASS and family used to hand tie the jigs for Andy and bunch of us. That was in the late 90's. I believe Andy and Troyce Taylor started TNT jigs soon after.

You are correct sir then Troyce sold the business to Johnny Fain who also partnered with Cooch to continue the TnT Baits Company. Johnny Fain is still around and owns TnT Baits and has had intentions of selling directly to consumers through an internet store, at least the last time he spoke with me a month ago. Where it is at now is really in a state of uncertainty. I think it's safe to say that some of us are waiting with baited breath to see these jigs back on the market and many others like OP are hopeful but are moving on.

Canopy Grenades makes a fine wire tied jig and will do custom colors, as well as Johnny C. Bobby D's baits are arguably the most similar jig on the market. Hell I even started tying my own jigs as of last week. But there is something special about that RB - Arkie head that Cornie came up with that is great in tulles and riprap alike that and those big ole RED or Orange eyes on the TOP of the jig head with the RED thread for depth within the jig. These are the details that set the jig apart. I sure do hope that we havent seen the last of them. If you know Johnny Fain or Ronnie give em a shout to get some jigs tied up.

- Ash
Links to Check Out -
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I have 5 custom arkie head jig molds that i use light wire hook mustad 32746NPBN
From 3/0 to 6/0 hooks and i can use fiberguards in 9,11,18,24 fibers depending on what pin i use for the fiberguard im going to use during the pour i have the molds 1/8oz. 1/4oz. 3/8oz. 1/2oz. 3/4oz. These molds are one of a kind and ive had them a very long time. There great for using in grass brush trees bushes and rock piles. I really like the 3/4oz arkie we were making mop jig back in the early 70's 7" skirts and Uncle Josh Big Daddy pork and i still make the jig today we just use different trailers now.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

ash wrote:
BS'r wrote:Korny = Bob Kornhouser from 100% BASS and family used to hand tie the jigs for Andy and bunch of us. That was in the late 90's. I believe Andy and Troyce Taylor started TNT jigs soon after.

You are correct sir then Troyce sold the business to Johnny Fain who also partnered with Cooch to continue the TnT Baits Company. Johnny Fain is still around and owns TnT Baits and has had intentions of selling directly to consumers through an internet store, at least the last time he spoke with me a month ago. Where it is at now is really in a state of uncertainty. I think it's safe to say that some of us are waiting with baited breath to see these jigs back on the market and many others like OP are hopeful but are moving on.

Canopy Grenades makes a fine wire tied jig and will do custom colors, as well as Johnny C. Bobby D's baits are arguably the most similar jig on the market. Hell I even started tying my own jigs as of last week. But there is something special about that RB - Arkie head that Cornie came up with that is great in tulles and riprap alike that and those big ole RED or Orange eyes on the TOP of the jig head with the RED thread for depth within the jig. These are the details that set the jig apart. I sure do hope that we havent seen the last of them. If you know Johnny Fain or Ronnie give em a shout to get some jigs tied up.

- Ash
Anyone have a good number for Johnny ?? pm me ...please
cdrake

Post by cdrake »

I would also appreciate a PM with Johnny’s number. Thanks in advance!

Great jigs without a doubt!
Bagels

Post by Bagels »

I missed the P and J TNT's, they were something special on the delta.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

stickbait wrote:
ash wrote:

- Ash
Anyone have a good number for Johnny ?? pm me ...please
DM Sent
Links to Check Out -