Outdoor boat storage

erickennsdy73

Outdoor boat storage

Post by erickennsdy73 »

Hey guys. I moved into a new house and don't have the luxury of being able to fit my boat in my garage. Rainy season is approaching and I am looking for ideas for an outdoor canopy/carport for covering my boat. I have a big space next to my house that can accommodate a large carport to fit my boat in. Does anyone currently have a setup like this, or can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Kanbass

Re: Outdoor boat storage

Post by Kanbass »

Try to visit the forum of some people who do barns and stuff with their own hands, I am sure you will find expert help atm. From myself I can advise, build a small, durable room with a good protection against water, if you do not save, you can take three concrete slabs and make a garage.
reginald

Re: Outdoor boat storage

Post by reginald »

I keep mine outside in the backyard every winter, because I only have a 1-car garage. I do all the normal prep-for-storage stuff, and then cover it with the canvas cover and a heavy plastic tarp.
Another trick is to use the PVC to create a nice peak I keep on the inside of the boat and throw the boat cover over. This way the rain and most snow run off. Another option is to keep it in storage using special racks - here is a review https://rackadvisor.org/best-kayak-storage-rack/