The Turkey Bowl on Lake CDA

ttb31183

The Turkey Bowl on Lake CDA

Post by ttb31183 »

Each year the Idaho Panhandle Bass Anglers puts on a fun late season tournament called the Turkey Bowl. Being mid to late November in the Inland Northwest you can expect cold weather and big fish. The tournament is pretty relaxed and starts at 9:00 to make sure the roads are not icy and it is not too cold. Driving there it was 22-degrees so I really didn't mind the later start.

This is my second time fishing it and was fortunate to get the win. I fished with Luke Clausen and we had an amazing day and brought in 22.78lbs. All of our fish came on a drop-shot or swimbait and I was also lucky enough to have the day's biggest fish, a 6.51lb largemouth that came on a swimbait early on in the day.

If it wasn't for the two big largemouth, we would have had a much smaller bag of smallies and would have been beaten handily. There were two 20+ bags of all smallies including this one from Darren and Justin.

Here are the full results. I think it goes to show that CDA has some big ones swimming in it.

I'm hoping next year I can get another one of these cool trophies to add to the collection.
Tyler Brinks