Clear Lake Conditions

Lugnut

Clear Lake Conditions

Post by Lugnut »

Headed up to Clear Lake this weekend for a couple days, just wondering how the bite has been, water temp., etc. Thanks in advance, Lugnut
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
clearlakeoutdoors

Re: Clear Lake Conditions

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

The bite has been good if fishing shallow up north 2'-6' of water. Lucky craft LV 500, Jerkbaits, small shad colored Keitechs have been best around the schools of shad. Heard of people struggling down south and deep water bite wasn't has good as a few weeks ago. There was a 25lb and 30lb bag brought in Saturday for the American Bass tournament. I've been told fish from 2.5lbs to 8.5lb have been caught in the last couple of Days. Start fishing early take a long lunch break and get back out for the afternoon bite.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

clearlakeoutdoors wrote:The bite has been good if fishing shallow up north 2'-6' of water. Lucky craft LV 500, Jerkbaits, small shad colored Keitechs have been best around the schools of shad. Heard of people struggling down south and deep water bite wasn't has good as a few weeks ago. There was a 25lb and 30lb bag brought in Saturday for the American Bass tournament. I've been told fish from 2.5lbs to 8.5lb have been caught in the last couple of Days. Start fishing early take a long lunch break and get back out for the afternoon bite.
Thank You, were staying on the other side of the lake, but will try to stop by and help support the cause.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Up north you can catch them however you like to fish.
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

Was out today and caught some nice fish shallow cranking. Also saw some toads my buddies got on swinbaits deep. Post frontal great bite. December has always been my best month for big fish on that lake. Quiet out there and great fishing.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

It kicked our butt....didn’t get on anything until Sunday afternoon.....and not one reaction fish. Still had a good time, ate good (Romi’s and Richmond Park are always solid), stayed at a good place - Indian Beach (Ken’s a good guy, and have enjoyed his place many times over the last 10-12 years)

HomeBrew Tackle Co.