Dobyn’s Rod

TLo85

Dobyn’s Rod

Post by TLo85 »

Is Dobyn’s coming out with a new Rod? Dobyn’s X rod?
fishfan

Re: Dobyn’s Rod

Post by fishfan »

I saw in the last news letter email I got they are coming out with a line called XTASY. Is that what your asking about?
I now know why it is called fishing and not catching!
The Sweetest Rods Ever !!! DOBYNS RODS
Team LL
TLo85

Post by TLo85 »

fishfan wrote:I saw in the last news letter email I got they are coming out with a line called XTASY. Is that what your asking about?
I think that’s what they’re called, I just heard they are going to be a Ultra High End Rod...$$$$$$... can’t wait
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks for asking. We do have a new rod out. It is called Xtasy Series. The models are 721SF, 722SF, 723SF, 752SF, 753SF, 723C, 724C, 753C, 754C, 755C

These are made with Toray's latest Nano material, AAAA Cork, Fuji Torizite guides (dang these are expensive), Fuji seats, fast crisp actions and well balanced. These are all Full Handle models. The rods are very light, sensitive, with great cosmetics. Retail is $549.99

We got these late last week but have not really done much with them. We're still trying to get settled and organized in Texas. I've wanted to do an ultra high end rod for a long time and with Toray's new material it was possible.

THX!!!
milehi

Post by milehi »

550 for a rod? Seriously?
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

milehi wrote:550 for a rod? Seriously?
Go price a top-of-the-line GLoomis... :roll: That $550 Dobyns will seem like a bargain in comparison
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="milehi"]550 for a rod? Seriously?[/quote]

Go to Mudhole and price Torizite guides. There's 10 running guides plus tip guide. Top of the line components are simply expensive. I already have requests for CB rods and Flippin sticks. I personally believe that a rod in this price range should be a "touchy-feely" rod for the best possible sensitivity with worms and jigs. This is reason I built limited models.
Bass boy dave

Post by Bass boy dave »

love all my dobyns rods, cant wait to get my hands on one of these
FlippinDbombs

Post by FlippinDbombs »

550 is cheap if you fully understand the quality Gary puts into his rods and the passion he has with being informative and truly loving the sport . Gary is the only guy on here willing to PM and help you get into the right rod . Guys spend thousands on fish finders and talons and TM to get the fish in the boat but a rod is your most important tool and if it’s the difference for one kicker fish that’s a huge check or not 550 is no sweat . My philosophy is you get what you pay for and Gary honors his rods better then any other company I’ve dealt with .
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Gary Dobyns wrote:
Go to Mudhole and price Torizite guides. There's 10 running guides plus tip guide. Top of the line components are simply expensive. I already have requests for CB rods and Flippin sticks. I personally believe that a rod in this price range should be a "touchy-feely" rod for the best possible sensitivity with worms and jigs. This is reason I built limited models.

Right on.... sounds great, with a rod like that you should be able to feel a fish looking at your bait !!!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

ICYMI

This is what was in the newsletter
Attachments
dobyns rods xtasy series.png
Larry Hemphill

Trust me, folks!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I have known Gary Dobyns for many, many years. We have spend countless hours discussing everything about bass fishing, as we team taught seminars in Sacramento and other areas for many years together. Lots of travel time in our trucks. He tournament fished and I guide, pretty much covering the whole sport. He is a man of his word. If he is excited about these new rods - you can take it to the bank!!! He KNOWS what he is talking about!
DDG

Post by DDG »

No one is forcing anyone to buy a rod in that price range lol thats why there is multiple lines and price ranges. I always like my expensive/ more sensitive rods for finesse fishing, sure does make a difference.
dreamchaser2

Post by dreamchaser2 »

Just see what Dobyns did to the lower end of the range...the Fury are amazing rods. Colt I've not used but hear they punch above their weight. I own Fury/Champs/Extremes. I can only assume these, like all their rods, will be very competitive given the segment. That said, too rich for me but congrats Team Dobyns.
Hunting large mouths on crystal clear reservoirs on dobyns and tatula!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

dreamchaser2 wrote:Just see what Dobyns did to the lower end of the range...the Fury are amazing rods. Colt I've not used but hear they punch above their weight. I own Fury/Champs/Extremes. I can only assume these, like all their rods, will be very competitive given the segment. That said, too rich for me but congrats Team Dobyns.
Well said, I think Dobyn's rods has done an excellent job at providing the highest level of rod at each price point and providing the consumer with options along the way as they want to step up the price point. A year ago I would have squaked at this price as well but I started educating myself on the newest components and yup you get there quick!

A custom rod on a St Croix blank with Fuji Sic guides will run you about 4-5 hundo so if you are looking for a premier rod with that touch and sensitivity sounds like Dobyns is offering it. Congrats on the new line and hopefully yall get settled before winter :shock:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

Congrats Gary on your move to Texas and your Countinued sucess with Dobyns Rods.. Making some of the best rods on the market...
Rob

Post by Rob »

Gary Dobyns wrote:
Need the flipping stick :D
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[/quote]

Need the flipping stick :D[/quote]

You're killing me Rob :):)

Take a look at the DX Flippin sticks. You might be surprised a little. I've been doing some tweaking with materials. I just can't ignore new materials as they come out. I'll always be trying to make things better. Remember I fish these too :)
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

The great thing about Dobyn's Rods is they have a rod for every price point. I use the Champ Series because they are a price point I can afford and are a better quality than my skill level. Recently I wanted some guest rods in my boat for my boys and my grand kids. I took a look at the Colt series and was pleasantly surprised. I used them and found them to be excellent, especially for the price.

Beyond that I have been please with their service when I have damaged rods (my fault). They will also help dial you in to the right rod for your need.
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

Dobyns has always put out quality rods and I have no question in my mind these are worth the price .

congrats Gary
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

I have a couple rods that need replacement. How do I go about that. I heard you cut the rod where it says the specs and send it in with $$? Is it that easy?
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

Contact the shop. They will get you set-up. Depends on the model but they are easy to work with.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Bayarea-bassin"]I have a couple rods that need replacement. How do I go about that. I heard you cut the rod where it says the specs and send it in with $$? Is it that easy?[/quote]

Hi there. If doing no hassle warranty we just need logo section of the rod. Please put pieces in padded envelope. The pieces will punch through a regular envelope. please include a note with phone number and shipping address. The info is on our website or feel free to call us anytime. My old shop number rings through to us in Texas. I can remember it but not new TX number yet :) 530-671-1989 Thanks!!!
Lexfili

Post by Lexfili »

Are the Xtasy rods all FH? Or are there SH as well ?
- a good rod is a bent rod -
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

THX for question. Xtasy Rods are all Full handle. This does add weight and this has been a question I've answered many times with Xtasy. The rods are extremely light so I'm not worried about the little extra weight. I also made these rods "pretty" and extra coating and trim work adds weight as well. Balance is far more important than a 1/4-3/8 oz of weight. The Xtasy feels like a feather in your hand.

We're seeing a slow change back towards Full cork handles. As time moves forward if I need to add Split handles it's a super easy process. We'll always try to build what anglers want/need.

THX!!!
WRB

Post by WRB »

Merry Christmas Gary to you and your family have a happy and continued prosperity in the New Year.
Found any mountain lakes in Texas? You made the right move.
Tom
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Tom, I'm still looking for the mountains :):)