Bonus Day of Bass Fishing

ttb31183

Bonus Day of Bass Fishing

Post by ttb31183 »

Usually, by late December I am already starting work on making tackle and organizing baits for next year. Not this year. We had some cold weather but just went through a stretch with air temps in the mid to high 40's. That is very unusual and meant that the season was able to go on.

I went to Long Lake outside of Spokane on Thursday and we had a pretty solid day. We only fished from around 9:30-3 and were still able to put eight fish in the boat. We caught several 2-3lbers and this 5+ my buddy caught. You can see it hasn't missed a fall meal and is more than ready for the winter.

I landed most of my fish on swimbaits, but we also caught them on Ned Rigs and football heads.

I had not been on this lake in almost a month and it was crazy that the water temp was actually warmer than it was then. We found 45-degrees and muddy water in the river where we launch and that has to be due to all of the warm rain we have been having.

Hopefully, we get a few extra days this season. It's been a fun fall. Now it is time to catch some winter bass.
Tyler Brinks