Lowrance Elite TI issue

Moderator: Ken Sauret

CShane

Lowrance Elite TI issue

Post by CShane »

I hooked up an Elite 7 TI on my boat this week and the unit does not recognize that a transducer is connected. I went to sonar installation and selected the transducer and still nothing. I got a 2nd transducer from someone else and hooked it up and still nothing. I updated the software with the current Lowrance website update. Still nothing.

In the settings section under the About page my unit says Sonar Version 0.0.0. The display units and other people's units have a 3.(x).(x) number in that area.

Did Lowrance forget to install something on my unit? And is there a way to fix this instead of wait for the store to order a replacement?
Edd

Re: Lowrance Elite TI issue

Post by Edd »

Please post pics of ABOUT, SETTINGS and SONAR pages.
Cliffster

Post by Cliffster »

Did you ever find out the cause? My unit just started having the same problem.
I have changed transducers as well with no luck.

Cliff
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

I bought an elite 7 to 2 for myself for Christmas, with a three in one transducer, had the same problem, contacted lowrance tech support and talked to two separate tech support people, after checking the software version for sonar on the about page we found the first ti unit to have version 0.0.0. Tech support suggested I return the unit to the retailer. I took my new ti2 back to bass pro shops and after quite some time they managed to exchange the head unit only AFTER we checked the sonar software version on their display in the store. The new unit showed a software version of 4.7.4 I went home and connected the transducer and power cable in my garage, every thing worked fine. I had display in all three modes of sounder and temp.. This morning I headed out to Folsom to do some fun fishing and check out my new fish finder, when I got to the lake we launched the boat and I turned on the Ti2 only to find that I once again had no sounder at all. I checked software version again and found version 0.0.0, WTF!
Edd

Post by Edd »

Try to load the most current software update on the TI and see if it holds.
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

How would I go about loading new software into this unit? I’m not a comptroller programmer, I’m a plumber who likes to fish!
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

Stupid spellcheck , I typed computer
Ken Sauret

Post by Ken Sauret »

To load a new software update into any Lowrance unit, first go to lowrance.com and make sure the software available on the web site is newer than the version in your unit. To do this, in the menu on your unit find System and go to the bottom of that menu and hit "About". In this menu look at "Application". This is the version of software that is currently loaded into your unit. Then go to the Lowrance web site and find the latest updates that are available for all the Lowrance units. Find your unit in the list and if the number of the software is larger on the web site than the number of the software in your unit, then the web site has a version that is newer than that version in your unit.

To update your unit, place a blank SD card in your home computer. Download the version of software from the Lowrance web site. This is a zipped file, meaning that the files in the download is closed up in files that allow the software to download from the Lowrance web site faster than if all the files were opened. After you download all the software files from the Lowrance web site, open them on your computer and save the files after they have been opened. When you do this, you are unzipping the files. Now load the opened files onto the SD card and save them on the card.

After you have the files saved on the SD card, go to your boat and start with the unit off. Place the SD card with the update into your unit. Press the start key and the unit will recognize the update available on the SD card and automatically load the new software into your unit. After the update is completed, remove the SD card and the unit will finish the boot up. Now you can check the version of software in your unit and it will be the new updated version from the Lowrance web site. If the unit does not update itself, then either the files are not unzipped or you downloaded the wrong unit update. Your Lowrance unit can not read the files if they are still zipped or closed as they were when you downloaded them. This is why you need to open them and load them opened onto the SD card before you place the card into the unit.

I hope this helps you guys update your Lowrance units out there. There is also the option if available that a Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, West Marine store or a boat dealer that is also a Lowrance dealer. They may have the update already unzipped and loaded onto an SD card in the store. You will only need to take the head unit into the store and they can update it for you for free! This is part of the customer service they provide. Or if you see me at a Wild West Bass Trail Pro Am and have your unit with you, I can usually update it for you there.
Ken Sauret
Lowrance Pro Staff
Lowrance http://www.lowrance.com/
Yamamoto https://store.baits.com/home
Dobyns Rods http://www.dobynsrods.com/
Yamaha http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
Personal Web Site http://kensbassfishing.weebly.com/
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

i checked my current software version and it is up to date, there are no updates available. my problem seems to be the sonar version wich shows version 0.0.0. when i returned the first one to bps I checked the second units sonar version in the store and t showed sonar version 4.7.4
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

I talked to a rep from Lowrance today, he assured me that nothing that I could possibly have done would delete the sonar from the head unit. Maybe the transducer has malfunctioned causing both head units to short out, there are no upgrades available for a ti2 as it is so new he hasn’t even seen one. I’ll know more once the higher up tech people come back from break.
Charles David Wiggins

Post by Charles David Wiggins »

I bought the same unit and having same issue. Did you ever get a good resolution?
Edd

Post by Edd »

Try the Lowrance YouTube channel. Good 411 videos on Lowrance products.
Greenweenie

Post by Greenweenie »

I just bought a Ti2 1 month ago. 5 uses and dead. The 0.0.0 sonar. Had major issues since the first use. Issues were continually loosing GPS, trails vanishing, settings changing, screen freezing and finally the dreaded 0.0.0 sonar software version rendering the unit useless. Buyer beware of any Lowrance unit. It's a shame they are still selling these models, as these issues have been around. Unfortunately I didn't google search reviews before I bought it because I gave had great success with 2 prior Lowrance units.

Do not buy a Lowrance. Pure garbage.
jtmoney

Post by jtmoney »

Not to hijack, but I picked up a boat and it came with a practically new elite 7ti. However the previous owner didnt know what we was doing and cut the transducer cable for some unknown reason. The cable has individually jaceted wires so I doubt I should use it as is. Does anyone want to sell me one that they purchased?