Attention kick boaters and belly boaters.

CATCHEMCARO

Attention kick boaters and belly boaters.

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Hey all you float tubers and kick boaters, Happy New Year! If your interested in fishing a very well organized and professionally ran kick boat / float tube tournament then 2019 is your year. Check out the Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Clubs 2019 schedual and pick one of their events or all of them and have some fun on the water. We have been doing this for 36 years and we're going strong. If you have any questions PM me or go to our award winning site for all the details you'll need to know to fish one of our clubs events. We will be glad to help you get involved in our sport of float tubing and kick boating for bass. Tight lines.
Rich
Attachments
DSC_6129.jpg
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
Larry Hemphill

Re: Attention kick boaters and belly boaters.

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I love to see bellyboat photos! Reminds me of the hundreds of hours I spent bellyboating at the Yuba Goldfields (east of Marysville) during the '80's and early 90's! They weren't fancy - canvas over an inner tube. Talk about peace and quiet - AND great bass fishing most of the time. They were never as big as some told me when I started fishing there. I think 8 something lbs was my biggest, but average size was 3 to 5 lbs. I did loose 2 to 3 monsters. And did they like topwater!!! Pond bass are gorgeous - deeper colors because of the clear water. And fight - WOW!! Can a 7+ pounder tow you - a little!!

I think that is why my legs are so strong for my age - hundreds of hours in a float tube (100 horse, er, leg power!! I always wore a pith helmet to protect my head from sun and branches. One day in February I was fishing in the rain at the famous Banjo Pond, concentrating on my line. I soon became aware that I wasn't hearing the rain on my helmet. I was so focused, as I always was during rainy weather, I didn't realize I was now fishing in a snowstorm!!! Very cool - literally! Beautiful memory! Speaking of cool, sometimes I would think I had a big bass bite - reeled in the slack, and Set The Hook!!! Sometimes It was a ten incher, and in comes the cold water as I lurched to the rear!! Brrrrr - cold rear end and no way to warm up!!! Don't know anything about the current conditions of the ponds, or even if they are still open on a pay for play status.
MKA

Re: Attention kick boaters and belly boaters.

Post by MKA »

Wow! This looks like a blast. Great schedule for 2019. This is a great opportunity to get out there and give bass fishing a try.