Hummingbird settings

nate50

Hummingbird settings

Post by nate50 »

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for some help with the settings on my hummingbird units. I’m networking 2 859 hd/di. They read the bottom fine and pick up fish on them as well. The trouble I’m having is when I drop down vertically on a fish I can’t pick up my bait consistently. My first guess was to turn up the sensitivity but doing that it makes the screen almost unreadable with all the “junk”. Am I doing it wrong? Is there another setting I need to adjust?

Thanks
Nate
nate50

Re: Hummingbird settings

Post by nate50 »

Correction****

My unit is a 859 ci/di with sonar and gps
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

nate50 wrote:Hey everyone,

I’m looking for some help with the settings on my hummingbird units. I’m networking 2 859 hd/di. They read the bottom fine and pick up fish on them as well. The trouble I’m having is when I drop down vertically on a fish I can’t pick up my bait consistently. My first guess was to turn up the sensitivity but doing that it makes the screen almost unreadable with all the “junk”. Am I doing it wrong? Is there another setting I need to adjust?

Thanks
Nate
Nate, please give me a call and we can chat about a few of the settings to check. I am real busy this week, but Friday or over the weekend I can help you out. 818-448-3366.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Make sure your transducer is centered when the trolling motor is deployed. Mine looked centered when stowed but was pointing to the left and would not pick up baits dropped down on the right side of the boat.
JLBassin

Post by JLBassin »

How deep are you dropping your bait in? The shallower the water the small the cone from the sonar is. Dunno if that helps
nate50

Post by nate50 »

Thanks for all the tips, this weekend I was at berry I was dropping down in about 20-40 ft. I will check the transducer. Does my chart speed have anything to do with it? It would pick up my bait at top of the screen then I would lose it
JL

Post by JL »

Not sure if this will help, but if your ping speed is adjustable you might give that a try.