California delta spinning rod?

serina_mikaelson

California delta spinning rod?

Post by serina_mikaelson »

I was wondering how u delta guys set up your spinning rods i know the bass are a different breed and was wondering what application's and line size Braid to floro mono ext and baits you would have on the deck of the boat? Thanks again delta rats.
JMV

Re: California delta spinning rod?

Post by JMV »

If i have to bust out the spinning rod on the Delta, the day has gone South! Lol
I use a 7'4" MH with 30lb braid to 10-12lb fluoro leader for drop shotting and throwing weightless wacky rig senkos. I've used 8lb before in the past and got my feelings hurt...
serina_mikaelson

JMV wrote:If i have to bust out the spinning rod on the Delta, the day has gone South! Lol
I use a 7'4" MH with 30lb braid to 10-12lb fluoro leader for drop shotting and throwing weightless wacky rig senkos. I've used 8lb before in the past and got my feelings hurt...
Ha ha thanks im sure it has its time and place.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

I use 7’7” Phenix Maxim and 7’8” Phenix M1 Medium rods for the delta. 30lb florescentbraid with 14lb Florocarbon leader. 1/0 drop shot hook, 1/8-3/16 oz cylinder lead weight 6-12” from the hook with your favorite 6” Roboworm
WRB

Post by WRB »

Spinning rods belong in your rod locker....breakout the flipping stick!
Tom
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

If I'm drop shotting on the Delta its with a medium heavy baitcast. 40lb braid to 15 lb flouro. Texposed 6 in fat roboworms. Works well. Can roll cast it or flip it. Much better control of the better fish. And frankly much better accuracy in close quarters.
serina_mikaelson

Was watching 2001 bassmaster on ca delta and robert lee was winning with a spinning rod just thought it had a place on the deck.
WRB

Post by WRB »

I have to drive 500 miles to use a flipping stick, finesse is SOP in SoCal so my spinning tackle wouldn't see day light at the Delta.
You are right the Delta is a massive River system with all types of waterways where finesse spinning would work.
Tom
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Lori Birch does a pretty good job vacuuming up fish behind michael with a drop shot rod - lots of 9-10lbrs My buddy had a 14lb PB on a 6lb test spinning rod on a 4" drop shot....it has its place in the past year its been a lot of guys go to bait. the flik shake or similar style also has a place out on the river.

I like 20lb braid 10-12 leader MH spinning rod. I also have bubba shot with my MH 30lb braid to 12-15lb fluro - it has a place but honestly if im drop shotting ive exhausted all resources.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Biggvic

Post by Biggvic »

743 Lamiglas Certified Pro Skeet Reese Drop Shot rod. 15 lb. braid to a 10-12 lb floro leader.