Ca delta bubba shot?

serina_mikaelson

Ca delta bubba shot?

Post by serina_mikaelson »

Was looking into drop shot set ups on the ca delta and alot of bubba shot stuff came up, have never used this application where should i start with the set up rod reel line hook worm weight ext :?: Thanks again delta rats
WB Staff

Re: Ca delta bubba shot?

Post by WB Staff »

I'm sure you will get several dif opinions but here is a vid we put up a while ago with Gary on Delta bubba shotting... he will probably chime in on the link at some point as well... but this will get it started.

Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

Gary summed it up. I'll add I used it for the first time during the spawn last year, and wow...so effective. Everything is bigger so you can fish in or near the thick stuff.
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

I use a dobyns 733 and a 7:1 & flip it like you would a senko. It's been known to work.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Bubba shotting is a deadly technique on Cal Delta. I use the Re-Barb hook only. It's a Gamakatsu hook that Robo Worm takes and puts a keeper on it. It's the best. I use a 4/0 the most. I also use heavy line like 20 lb test because I'll throw it anywhere. Some guys will use 12- 15 lb test because it's easier to fish really. But I'm a chicken :) to do this. My best to date on Bubba Shot rig is 12lb 2 oz. I did catch her at Clear Lake though. It works well there too.
steve black

Post by steve black »

Not to Hi Jack the post, but what rod action does everyone prefer? Hopefully Gary could pipe in as well.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I like a fast action rod for this. Many guys use a 3 power or Med/Hvy. I like a bit more power so I normally use a 4 power which is a heavy but it must have a great tip before coming into backbone. My favorite is DX 744C Full Handle. But, any of our 3 or 4 powers will work as I always build a little tip into the rods. I also like MM3 or any of the oxblood colors in 6" or 7". THX and good luck fishing!!!!
steve black

Post by steve black »

Thanks Gary, your Expertise and Knowledge of the Lakes and Delta are always appreciated.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Best weight for Bubba Shotting is a QuickDrop, and besides all the small sizes they come in 1/2 oz, 3/4 oz, and even 1 oz. The teardrop shape punches a hole in the mats so the worm follows without fowling, and the shape allows the weights to come back out of the mat easily without grabbing weeds.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com