West Coast Bass Tournaments Concerns!

serina_mikaelson

West Coast Bass Tournaments Concerns!

Post by serina_mikaelson »

When are we the west coast bass tournaments bbt, wwbt, fpt ,new jen and all others going to adopt the rules of bass mlf flw? In all the other major circuts have a marshall and or a go pro or other camera running at all times or face disqualification to make sure 100 percent there was no cheating going on?I beleive its time to evolve and change some things not all. another few rule changes should be no more sticking the scale hook thru a fishs face to cull have to clipp and cull systems, or how do we know u didnt snag that bed fish but rather land it legally in the mouth just some food for thought i really take pride in the management of fish once it enters the boat.
JoeLanghans

Re: West Coast Bass Tournaments Concerns!

Post by JoeLanghans »

It'll never work and I personally like the normal tournament format.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

You are absolutely dreaming if you believe $100 - $300 buy-in tournaments are going to have Marshalls, live-video or boats being digitally connected to support an MLF style format.
serina_mikaelson

Post by serina_mikaelson »

MichaelB wrote:You are absolutely dreaming if you believe $100 - $300 buy-in tournaments are going to have Marshalls, live-video or boats being digitally connected to support an MLF style format.
no just day dreaming :roll:
BassinASep

Post by BassinASep »

It’s quite simple, choose a tournemnet organization like Bass Nation or California Bass Federation. They are both one day draw style tournemnets, both orginzations are held accountable by the antlers themselves, and both organizations are the farm league across the United states for B.A.S.S and FLW national tournaments. They provide local tournaments and are very affordable. Problem solved.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Add a $5 or $10 Lie Detector fee to the entry and test ALL 1st-3rd place finishers. AND DO IT !! There used to be the option to do it for years, but few ever did it.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Diesel Guy

Post by Diesel Guy »

Have to agree completely w Mitch. 100% Bass always charged, and issued lie detectors tests. Took them myself. They averaged 100 boats and I think several of us fished due to that test. Sadly, cheating goes on WAY more then people realize. Only 2 i'm aware of have been caught in the valley in 20 plus years of my career though due to the costs involved. Draw tournaments are for me for that reason personally as another mentioned. I rarely fish team tournaments because of things I'm aware of. Back to the author of this post. There is just not enough $, sponsorships, or following on the west coast for your idea to ever happen, although i'm all for the concept.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

BBT TOC, Snag Proof Open and most of Randy Pringles major multi day tournaments have a camera on board for the top 10. The camera plugs into the rear light pole and must remain on during the entire day. Randy reviews the footage to ensure that there are no Shenanigans for these larger derbies.

As for the logistics and costs for the smaller format circuits ie the $100-$300 derbies I don't see this is a financially viable option the upfront costs, stolen / broken equipment, rigging each boat, and the hours of video review would be uneconomical.

What does work is self policing and creating a circuit that attracts morals and integrity. There are going to be rotten apples in all areas of life but if we call out inappropriate actions or shadieness in a timely manner to the tournament director and authorities at the weigh in or time that it was noticed we can keep these elements at bay. Guys that are going to go through great lengths to cheat will adapt at great lengths, WE need to create a culture in which cheaters aren't welcomed ie membership fees, tournament director \ committee discretion, a tight group of competitors that police themselves and this IS what BBT does to help protect it's anglers.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Diesel Guy wrote: Draw tournaments are for me for that reason personally as another mentioned. I rarely fish team tournaments because of things I'm aware of.

Sad part is i can think of 2 cases that were draw events and i have only heard rumors of issues with team events. One of which made the papers and was a public arrest at the close of the event (Bravo WON BASS) and one was a local deal with a strong rumor that was most likely true but in both cases these were draw events.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/