WWBT Rules Clarification- No Info Rule

BCook

WWBT Rules Clarification- No Info Rule

Post by BCook »

Hello WWBT Anglers. I have had a number of calls requesting clarification of the rules. This is always the best way to make sure you are in compliance of the rules and safe from inadvertently breaking them.
At the advice of some of our most experienced fisherman, we have decided to post regular clarification points on some of our most important rules. We will start with Rule 13, the no info rule. Here it is in its entirety:

13 NO INFO RULE: WWBT TEAMS HAVE A NO INFO RULE AND A STRICT OFF-LIMITS PERIOD. REGARDLESS OF WHEN A CONTESTANT ENTERED THE EVENT, THEY MUST HAVE ADHERED TO THE OFF-LIMITS PERIOD AND THE NO INFORMATION RULE. BY SIGNING THE WAIVER AND ENTRY FORM EACH CONTESTANT IS ATTESTING TO ADHERING TO THE NO INFO AND OFF-LIMITS RULE. Other than using publicly available information (e.g., newspaper and Internet reports) contestants cannot solicit, receive, or gather any information via phone, electronic devices, or any other means about locating or catching fish on tournament waters. All information must be accessed prior to official off limits periods. THERE SHALL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. During open practice (CHAMPIONSHIP) and competition day(s) contestants cannot solicit, receive, or gather any information from anyone other than another contestant in the tournament.

Pretty clear at first glance. No info is allowed. But what if you get a non solicited call, text or e-mail? What do you do then? Here is our suggestion.
1) Once your friend (or whoever it is), says anything about the upcoming lake (such as aren’t you fishing WWBT at Berryessa next week? I was just there), you need to immediately say “Before you say anything more, WWBT has a no info rule and I can’t get any info at all. “ Then talk about something else,
2) If it is a text or e-mail, do the same thing. If they sent info, contact the TD. ASAP.
3) If you have any concerns or questions call the TD.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions about rules, off limits or need info about a WWBT event, call your TD.
Bill Cook
WWBT California Teams Director
kmah

Re: WWBT Rules Clarification- No Info Rule

Post by kmah »

Thanks for tackling questions head on Bill.

Everyone needs reminders.

K. Mah
Zboat21

Post by Zboat21 »

So if I read this correctly the AM can give info to the pro, spots, baits ect?
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Zboat21 wrote:So if I read this correctly the AM can give info to the pro, spots, baits ect?
He is talking about rules for WWBT team events, not pro am's.
Zboat21

Post by Zboat21 »

Ah yes should of paid attention to the title