Humminbird helix9 chirp si g2n

GSV2013

Humminbird helix9 chirp si g2n

Post by GSV2013 »

I was wondering if there is anyone else having the same problem as me, so I have had this unit for a year and cant get it to work properly its telling me that my depth is at 1000ft I took it back to the place I bought it 5 times and they cant figure it out they replaced the unit twice and still the same thing. I contacted humminbird and the told me that they made the chirp too strong and that all I had to do was turn down the surface clutter sensitivity and set the depth for 10 ft deeper than the lake that I'm fishing and it still doesnt work. Contacted them again yesterday asking for a refund or if I could just upgrade my unit to one with no chirp but they said no. If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated thanks
fishwithron

Re: Humminbird helix9 chirp si g2n

Post by fishwithron »

Contact their tech support while on the water and have them walk thru it. You'll be in actual condition
srsnow

Post by srsnow »

I have a Helix 7 DI g2n and it has done the same thing but only in shallow water, like 5 feet or less. I assumed it was caused by shallow water with soft bottom since it doesn't alway do it.
fishwithron

Post by fishwithron »

a friend I go with has same problem when running two lowrance. The back reads all dif like 1000 ft when we're in 4-3' The front is ok.
Last edited by fishwithron on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Update your software, the latest release fixed a lot of issues...
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Hey Rob, I’d reach out to Travis huckabee and see if ya can’t meet on the water or walk ya through it
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
GSV2013

Post by GSV2013 »

Topwater All Day wrote:Update your software, the latest release fixed a lot of issues...
Hi rob I just did that last weekend before I went to berryessa and still the same result thanks everyone for the info. I have been emailing back and forth with humminbird seems like they are just giving me the runaround
fishwithron

Post by fishwithron »

Don't email call their toll free number 1800 633-1468
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Hey GVS,

I would say something in the settings is way off or you have a unit that is defective. The issues you are describing sound like there is something not set up right - either with the head unit or the transducer. And honestly, I'm not sure why anyone at Humminbird would tell you they "made the CHIRP too strong" because that just doesn't make sense. The depth issue was a SW problem that has been fixed in the latest update - I know because I have a unit that showed the erratic depths and now is good.

Another resource for you would be Bass Boat Central and go to the Humminbird forum. There are some very smart folks on there that can help with a lot of issues. If you can, take some screen shots while out on the water of the depth readings and then also know what all your settings are so you can share them.

What Ron said is correct, you need to call the customer service not e-mail them. If it's a defective unit under warranty they will fix or replace it. Good luck and I hope you get things working like they should!
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

GSV2013 wrote:I was wondering if there is anyone else having the same problem as me, so I have had this unit for a year and cant get it to work properly its telling me that my depth is at 1000ft I took it back to the place I bought it 5 times and they cant figure it out they replaced the unit twice and still the same thing. I contacted humminbird and the told me that they made the chirp too strong and that all I had to do was turn down the surface clutter sensitivity and set the depth for 10 ft deeper than the lake that I'm fishing and it still doesnt work. Contacted them again yesterday asking for a refund or if I could just upgrade my unit to one with no chirp but they said no. If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated thanks
I am sponsored by Humminbird, for over 10 years, and have a Helix on my boat. Please give me a call at 818-448-3366 and we can troubleshoot your issue. If needed, I can direct you to the right people if there is a hardware problem.

Thanks,
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com