New Boat Financing

JL

New Boat Financing

Post by JL »

I would like to know from guys that have purchased a brand new boat from a dealer, what kind of prices you paid and how many years if financed, how long? A buddy of mine is getting ready to buy a brand new Z20 fully loaded, over $60,000 and is supposedly going to finance it for 30 years! He say's when he dies, they can come take the boat! WTH! Anybody else doing this?
MichaelB

Re: New Boat Financing

Post by MichaelB »

And 10 years from now when his Nitro is worth $20k and he still owes $50k on the loan he will wish he wasn't so stupid.
JL

Post by JL »

:D
MichaelB wrote:And 10 years from now when his Nitro is worth $20k and he still owes $50k on the loan he will wish he wasn't so stupid.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

MichaelB wrote:And 10 years from now when his Nitro is worth $20k and he still owes $50k on the loan he will wish he wasn't so stupid.
Yup lots of creative options to finance a boat but one has to look at the life expectancy of our rigs and how we use them. Show me a bass boat that is 30 years old with the same motor and setup that hasnt been completely rebuilt or overhauled. All depends on how you plan on using it and selling it.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
FishinSturgeon

Post by FishinSturgeon »

Very interesting, I just closed on a 2019 Nitro Z20 Pro loaded with the 250. We went through white river finance which is the Bass Pro broker.... we did a 20 yr with 10% down @ 6.99%. A 30 yr loan sounds like way too long of a commitment for me.
Good luck to him, we take delivery next Wednesday
IMG_1667.JPG
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

FishinSturgeon wrote:Very interesting, I just closed on a 2019 Nitro Z20 Pro loaded with the 250. We went through white river finance which is the Bass Pro broker.... we did a 20 yr with 10% down @ 6.99%. A 30 yr loan sounds like way too long of a commitment for me.
IMG_1667.JPG
Google "loan calculator" and use it to find the amount of interest that you guys are paying. You guys are paying more in interest than the price of your boat. You shouldn't need an Economics teacher, like myself, to tell you that you can't afford that boat and that it is a horrible economic decision.
biteme

Post by biteme »

FishinSturgeon wrote:Very interesting, I just closed on a 2019 Nitro Z20 Pro loaded with the 250. We went through white river finance which is the Bass Pro broker.... we did a 20 yr with 10% down @ 6.99%. A 30 yr loan sounds like way too long of a commitment for me.
IMG_1667.JPG
53k for that boat seems like a great deal. I crawled around in it last week. Congrats.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Congrats on your new boat! I hope she brings a lifetime of memories and fishes :wink:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

No endorsing of any company over another, just a link to this site which lists current recreational loan rates (which is what a boat falls into)

https://www.goodsamrvloans.com/rates/

Here is a link to a boat loan calculator also. The link says mortgage; but it is boat. You can also do an amortization schedule to figure out where your principal will be and if/when you 're not upside down.

https://www.mortgagecalculator.org/calcs/boat.php

Congrats on the new boat!!!
micropterus

Post by micropterus »

ash wrote:
Yup lots of creative options to finance a boat but one has to look at the life expectancy of our rigs and how we use them. Show me a bass boat that is 30 years old with the same motor and setup that hasnt been completely rebuilt or overhauled. All depends on how you plan on using it and selling it.

30 years old bass boat? Got one of them! Champion 1989 - Merc Black Max 175 hp. My rig wouldn’t qualify for the ‘never been overhauled ‘ requirement. Power head number 3 and lower unit number 2. Monthly boat payment $0.00 annual insurance $300.00 Bought it one year old in 1990. Beats new boat payments and insurance by a couple of galaxies.
And it still catches bass!
Attachments
2660961C-3C90-4AB4-AE11-DD95850049D7.jpeg
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!
JL

Post by JL »

I like the way you think! :D
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

2004 ranger 225 optimax probably 2 k in in besides reg maintenance bought it 9 months old with 10 hours on the big motor used to fish at least 15 tourneys a year down to about 5 . Original carpet looks almost new.
besides batteries oil changes and occasional little things it runs when its 25 degrees or 110 degrees.
they don't make the new boats like they did in the past. the new ones are shiny and attractive but wont run like the older boats not too old but something you can afford don't let it own you,
good luck.
Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

ash wrote:
My boat is 21 years old, 1998 Champion 181 fish and ski, had to replace the stator once and just replaced the oil reservoir cap. No payments, low insurance and doing just fine other than there is no a lot of room on the front deck; and the windshield acts like a sail in the wind, but is great on these winter and early spring morning runs.
Craig13231

Post by Craig13231 »

hi guys
Craig13231

Post by Craig13231 »

There are many places to get a mortgage, but the best place to get one is from a trusted lender. A trusted lender will give you the best interest rate and terms. They will also be able to answer any questions you have about getting a mortgage.When you are ready to start looking for a mortgage, you can use our mortgage calculator to compare different lenders. You can also read our mortgage advice articles to learn more about mortgages.If you have any questions about getting a mortgage, feel free to ask. We are always happy to help!
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

biteme wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:23 am
IMG_1667.JPG
53k for that boat seems like a great deal. I crawled around in it last week. Congrats.
It is a great deal...if you pay cash....but not so great once you add on the 7% interest rate...Like toddmc stats...
Popper

Post by Popper »

toddmc wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 am
IMG_1667.JPG
Google "loan calculator" and use it to find the amount of interest that you guys are paying. You guys are paying more in interest than the price of your boat. You shouldn't need an Economics teacher, like myself, to tell you that you can't afford that boat and that it is a horrible economic decision.
-Exactly
20 year boat loan @ 6.99 percent?
10 percent covered the taxes, registration and doc fees.

No question, upside down on this purchase in 5 years or less.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

FishinSturgeon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:26 am Very interesting, I just closed on a 2019 Nitro Z20 Pro loaded with the 250. We went through white river finance which is the Bass Pro broker.... we did a 20 yr with 10% down @ 6.99%. A 30 yr loan sounds like way too long of a commitment for me.
IMG_1667.JPG
Beautiful boat